TURNING OFF THE "KEY" FOB

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
TAX

Post by TAX »

Is there any way (e.g. pressing the "lock" "unlock" functions in a certain sequence) apart from removing the battery, to stop the fob from transmitting its signal, for example when the fob is in the house. According to the many pages of confusing, illogical and hard to follow information in the handbook, it is not possible to do this.

Am I missing something?
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

TAX wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:22 am Is there any way (e.g. pressing the "lock" "unlock" functions in a certain sequence) apart from removing the battery, to stop the fob from transmitting its signal, for example when the fob is in the house. According to the many pages of confusing, illogical and hard to follow information in the handbook, it is not possible to do this.

Am I missing something?
No you can't turn it off, I use a faraday pouch to stop anybody picking up a signal from my key.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Thermion

Post by Thermion »

Not that I know for sure, but I doubt the fob transmits ad hoc in stand by. That would take more power than small cells might sustain, and besides what is there to communicate when in stand-by ? Nevertheless, yup a faraday cage seems a sure safe-guard.

HTH! Thermion
CX-3 Sport NAV+ AWD Auto 2019
MX-5 Mk2 1999