Sun visor vs rear view mirror

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
macdougal

Post by macdougal »

Enjoying my car of 3 weeks but one annoying little foible is that the drivers sun visor won’t fold all the way back without hitting the mirror.
Normal or just a quirk with my vehicle and an unsuitable mirror fitted?

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

The thick black stalk the mirror is attached to is adjustable / moveable. The mirror can the be moved out of the visors range
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
macdougal

Post by macdougal »

Yeah, well aware of that! My point is it doesn’t move far enough to the left so the sun visor misses it and still retains the appropriate rear view.
Currently then I have to tilt and rotate the mirror out of the way, push the visor to the roof then adjust the mirror back again to the correct rear view whilst driving. Good job it’s an automatic I suppose! Even so it’s a right faff and never had to do that in a car before.
I guess my question is does the cx3 have a standard mirror fitted and this is a problem other people have encountered or maybe has mine been fitted with a non standard slightly too big mirror?
Can’t believe a manufacturer would sell a car packed with loads of mod cons and yet have this annoying little minor quibble……..
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
macdougal

Post by macdougal »

All sorted! A little stiff but now out of the way

Thanks for the link HS!