USB audio tags worked now doesn't?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Thermion

Post by Thermion »

Thanks about to do the factory reset - just so as I know does it also wipe phono pairing contact details etc? Any surprises?

thx Thermion
CX-3 Sport NAV+ AWD Auto 2019
MX-5 Mk2 1999

Thermion

Post by Thermion »

I did the reset and it fixed the issue thanks for help. At first I thought it hadnt, but it takes a little time to rebuild the index I guess, there being a couple of thousand songs. And yes bluetooth pairing info gets reset too, so need to repair all devices afterwards.

If it happens again I shall get the firmware update done by the dealer I think.

Thx again peeps

Thermion
MX-5 Mk2 1999
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

8-)
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Thermion

Post by Thermion »

Doh - it happened again but this time, just the Artists have disappeared...oh and the artwork is very wrong, but sometimes that's pretty amusing.

Shall reset again, but anyone know how/where MZD Connect builds and stores its index? Does it build it each time, if not can I force a flush?

Then its to the dealer for fw upgrade methinks.

Thermion
MX-5 Mk2 1999
Thermion

Post by Thermion »

I found what seems a useful guide to some of the loose ends with Connect and USB here

https://www.mazda3revolution.com/thread ... ct.221066/

So I plan to follow this advice, see what happens.

Thermion
MX-5 Mk2 1999
Thermion

Post by Thermion »

Well I used mp3tag to repair the few files with missing/corrupt tags so all files by any reasonable standard are legitimate.

Then I re-ordered mp3 files into a directory structure as per the post above - this was no small investment in time and another few hours of life I'll never recover.

As far as I know I followed all instructions meticulously - it worked at first then a day later reverted to missing artist and album entries.

Just posting this in case it saves someone else from wasting their time - that post might sound confident and plausible but it didn't work for me.

Thermion
MX-5 Mk2 1999
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Thermion wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:03 pm Well I used mp3tag to repair the few files with missing/corrupt tags so all files by any reasonable standard are legitimate.

Then I re-ordered mp3 files into a directory structure as per the post above - this was no small investment in time and another few hours of life I'll never recover.

As far as I know I followed all instructions meticulously - it worked at first then a day later reverted to missing artist and album entries.

Just posting this in case it saves someone else from wasting their time - that post might sound confident and plausible but it didn't work for me.

Thermion
Feel for you.... I gave up a couple of years ago - also used Mp3tag extensively for artwork etc etc - So join the club 8-) :roll: another reason to get Android Auto fitted I suppose :D

I was following your thread hoping you'd hit paydirt - Never mind, keeps us off the streets :D
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

How many tracks have you got on the stick? Perhaps you’re hitting a limit on how many MZD Connect can handle? Try a smaller number as a test 🤔
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Thermion

Post by Thermion »

Thanks - the last attempt I kept under a 8GB limit mooted in the post above, which worked out about 1200 songs IIRC. To no avail...

I'll give it a shot with half that. Also minded to update Gracenote in case that's misbehaving.

kind regards,

Thermion
MX-5 Mk2 1999
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Graeme67 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:03 am
Thermion wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:24 pm Thank you. Would not a reset to factory clear off all the saved nav data too though?

kind regards, Thermion
Your Sat Nav data is stored on the SD card which is in the dedicated slot, Not the USB stick
One thing I found out is that that the Sat Nav Favourites are cleared when you do a MZD Connect Factory Reset so they can't be being stored on the SD card :cry: Presume the same will happen with your History.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016