Service price

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Graeme67

Post by Graeme67 »

Hi all, The car needs a service in December to preserve the warranty i got when i bought the car. Its a 2017 1.5 Diesel and ive had it 6 months,, Phoned my local Mazda dealer in Durham and asked the price for an annual service inc new fuel filter, I was quoted £340 !! Does that seem expensive? Because i was pretty shocked by that price.. Thanks
2017 CX 3 1.5 Diesel Sport Nav

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

See viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2369

Dealer labour rates are upwards of £100 /hr which is where the bulk of service costs come from. Quote from the FAQ section of Mazda UK website: "...Our Mazda Dealers are independent businesses and therefore specify their own labour charges. We recommend you speak to your local Dealer, who will be happy to advise you of the likely costs..."
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Graeme67

Post by Graeme67 »

Thanks Julian
Popaticktock

Post by Popaticktock »

Give Petch at Middlesbrough a call.....they give a far better customer service than Durham
Wass

Post by Wass »

You dont get very much for a "service" these days, mostly because there isnt very much to do. A quick look for ECU flags, change filters and fluids and advise the tyre and brake wear. Most service centres valet the car and make a service video and there's your 3 hours a year service completed.Some fastidious owners religiously fit new brake pads in autumn to ensure that the brake pistons spend the winter inside the calipers instead of being blasted with salty , gritty water and carry out other activities from days of old like tyre rotation but modern vehicle arte so very well engineered, they require very little input.
2018 CX-3 SE-L NAV 2l auto fwd,white
Graeme67

Post by Graeme67 »

Phoned Middlesbrough and they are pretty much the same, So Phoned Sunderland Mazda (SG Petch) was told this would be the cars 4th service which would require everything doing, What ''everything'' entailed i dont know, he didnt go into detail but said it would be £443 !!! I politely declined this extortionate offer.
Graeme67

Post by Graeme67 »

Well just an update on this, Took the car back to the dealer where i bought it in april, Told that as i had bought it from them they would only charge me £90, Which fair enough was not going to be the ''full'' sevice that Mazda were going to do but keeps the warranty up to date which i got with the car. Got the car back and the service indicator AND oil value had been reset which surprised me as they are a Skoda main dealer, Didn't think they would know how to :) So now sorted..
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

£90 to reset the service & oil change indicators seems a bit steep to me as it only takes a minute at most. :lol:
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Graeme67

Post by Graeme67 »

HouseSpider wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:09 pm £90 to reset the service & oil change indicators seems a bit steep to me as it only takes a minute at most. :lol:
ha ha ha,, No they changed the oil and filter too :lol: