Issues after misfuelling 1.5 diesel

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Percy247

Post by Percy247 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:45 pm

1st regen since oil change after 210 miles. Car was doing 70mph on motorway and instant consumption fell from 60-70mpg to 30-35mpg for 10 minutes. Car felt very sluggish during the regen. From this am I correct in thinking the engine only does active regens and does not perform passive ones?

From looking on this forum and Mazda 3 forums the common problem seems to be faulty injectors causing over fueling. Can I check/recalibrate the injectors with forscan and a simple usb dongle?
Has anyone done this with any success or otherwise?

Percy247

Post by Percy247 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:05 pm

Just an update for the one person who still has a diesel on this site.

Took the car out yesterday for a 60 mile run and the car was really struggling up hills on a part throttle for the first half of the journey. It felt well down on power, so I detached the MAF sensor to test it. This made no difference and threw up three warning lights, so I replaced it.

On the way back at 65 - 75mph on the motorway the car felt more responsive.

Today I cleared the fault codes and recalibrated the injectors with Forscan. I then took it out for a quick Italian tune up and ran really well with no signs of power loss under load. Hopefully, the fuel additive is starting to work.