Automatic gearbox problems

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
ColinE

Post by ColinE »

Morning all ,new to the forum.
I was wondering if anyone has experienced problems with the automatic gearbox on their CX3.
Mine is less than 3 years old (so thankfully still under warranty) and am finding the following...

1. The car does not seem to change gear when going up hill and will drive at 4000rpm so making a hell of a whine from the engine. It does this in the sport mode too.

2. Because of this I tend to drive in the manual mode (which defeats the object of buying automatic) however at the weekend on a motorway when there was the slightest incline I had to change down to 5th and 4th gear and the speed dropped from 120kph to 90kph (not good if your trying to overtake a lorry)

I will book the car in to be looked at in Clermont Ferrand (I live in France). Surely the modern car on a motorway should be able to maintain speed in 6th gear! Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or could give any advice.

Many thanks

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

ColinE wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:29 am ...I was wondering if anyone has experienced problems with the automatic gearbox on their CX3...

No, not had any problems with mine. Hopefully Mazda will sort it out for you without too much inconvenience.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Is it gearbox problem or the engine down in power?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Arbycx3

Post by Arbycx3 »

These issues seem to be rare but at 11000 miles my auto gearbox is dying. Started to hear a whine which varied with road speed. It gradually became noticeable so off to Mazda. They have concurred. They gearbox is toast. That’s nearly £8k fitted for a new one. Mazda warranty to the rescue.

After further research it seems this issue is known to Mazda as they issued a technical bulletin back in 2017 for the US market. Faulty cases causing misaligned bearings…..seems they had improved and thought they had resolved it on later cars…perhaps not.
CX3 Sport Nav+ Luxury 2.0l Petrol 2WD Auto Eternal Blue Mica