Infotainment upgrade for Android auto

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Cxthree

Post by Cxthree »

Hi all :D

I've recently bought a cx3 2015 1.5 diesel.

I like the mzd-connect infotainment system but would love if I was able to play my apps via android auto.

Is it just a software upgrade that would be required in order to get android auto, or is there a hardware change too?

Thanks.

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Cxthree wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:52 pm Hi all :D

I like the mzd-connect infotainment system but would love if I was able to play my apps via android auto.

Is it just a software upgrade that would be required in order to get android auto, or is there a hardware change too?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum Cxthree and congratulations on your purchase of a CX-3. You will need a hardware change (essentially a cable that needs to be fitted to a new USB unit, from the console to the Infotainment module inside the dash) plus an Infotainment software upgrade. Both of these probably need to be done by a Mazda dealer - certainly the software upgrade if you want to avoid any chance of "bricking it" if done incorrectly by DIY - so I suggest you contact your local Mazda dealer for a price of the hardware and software upgrade including fitting.

For further information on this topic in this forum you can do a search by typing Android auto in the search box in the top left hand corner of the webpage. Here's an example of a search result viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2383
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Cxthree

Post by Cxthree »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:57 pm
Cxthree wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:52 pm Hi all :D

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum Cxthree and congratulations on your purchase of a CX-3. You will need a hardware change (essentially a cable that needs to be fitted to a new USB unit, from the console to the Infotainment module inside the dash) plus an Infotainment software upgrade. Both of these probably need to be done by a Mazda dealer - certainly the software upgrade if you want to avoid any chance of "bricking it" if done incorrectly by DIY - so I suggest you contact your local Mazda dealer for a price of the hardware and software upgrade including fitting.

For further information on this topic in this forum you can do a search by typing Android auto in the search box in the top left hand corner of the webpage. Here's an example of a search result viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2383
Thanks. I'll contact the main dealer