Unlock car

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Taff56

Post by Taff56 »

Hi everyone, new to this forum :D

Recently had a red key icon appear on display whilst driving home at night locked car as usual by just walking away. Next morning when I went to gain entry to my car by simply pressing the little black rubber insert in the door handle "with keys in my pocket" door failed to unlock, but the light on the handbrake lit up. So now I'm thinking oh dear what's this :o . So I press key fob open tab ... that's a no go :o Pressed the lock tab no go :o So pressed unlock then lock and the car locked :lol: Strange, very strange, so now I press the unlock tab on the fob and doors unlock and i can then start the car :P This lock problem keeps on happening if the car is left locked after approx 4 hours. But if I return within that time the car wi unlock normally by using the Black rubber button on the handle.
Tell me I'm not in the twilight zone please

TIA

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Try changing the key fob battery
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Taff56

Post by Taff56 »

Hi. I should have mention that. I did. In both key fobs
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I don't fully understand your description of the symptoms, e.g.
...the light on the handbrake lit up...
what light?

And,
...So pressed unlock then lock and the car locked
but you said the car was already locked because it wouldn't open?

Anyway, initially, I would probably get the vehicle battery charge & condition checked and also change the battery in the key fob.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Can I suggest changing key fob batteries again with a decent make (Duracell? Etc) that have been purchased recently - number of times I've heard someone say "but I've changed the batteries for new ones".... But these 'new ones' have been sitting in their drawer for several years!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Taff56

Post by Taff56 »

Thanks
mazslk

Post by mazslk »

2019 model, similar problem, tried resetting lock to fob button use but the setting is not retained. The red key light comes on as I get into the car sometimes, so it won't start. I have to exit the car, lock and unlock the car, then I can start it. Tried new batteries, even expensive Duracell, no difference. Now booked into Mazda garage in new year. Thankfully still under warranty
shift74

Post by shift74 »

Hi all!
Today I happily fulled the trunk with luggage and closed it. I arrived, tried to open with the trunk button - did not respond. I unloaded through the rear seats and opened the trunk from the inside/ I don't have a third button on the remote /.
The button on liftgate still doesn't respond and I have to open it from the inside. The car is 3 years old, somehow I can't believe it failed. The number plate lights work, ie. the fuse is not blown, but I don't hear a click on the fifth door when unlocking and locking the car /infact I cant remember if there was any before/.
Another thing I found after that - the driver's door /LH/ does not lock/unlock with the remote control and the car does not recognize it as open - the interior lighting and the indication of the open door on the dash does not come up.
Mechanical key opening works. I dont have keyless system.
I was looking for a corresponding fuse, but I can't find one.
Any ideas?

Regards!
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Are you pressing the correct button on the boot? There are two of them. Only the middle unlock the boot. The one on the right locks the car.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.