75k Mile Service Costs - Diesel

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
gileto99

Post by gileto99 »

Hi. My first post. I'm contemplating buying either a top-spec 1.6 Kadjar, or if the 1.5 Cx3 has enough torque (most of driving will be out of towns/cities and we have steep hills around us) then one of those (sport Nav).

Either would be approaching 60k miles on the clock. With the CX-3 I've heard of potential astronomic 75k servicing costs. Is this correct and could I take it to my local garage who I've trusted with my Golf GTD? ie are they likely to be able to access all they need to to carry out this service properly, without me having to go to Mazda main dealer (not particularly close to me)?

If anyone has had the 75k service - can you let me know where and how much?

Also, if any of you have tried the Kadjar out as well, any comments why you ended up with the CX3 in preference would be most welcome!

Many thanks.

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

My 75k service was part of a 3 service plan costing £922. So I think it would be roughly £600.
I wouldn't go for a diesel given the issues I've read about regarding the regeneration mode.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
gileto99

Post by gileto99 »

Thanks. Your £660 refers to Mazda main dealer servicing a petrol version presumably? Do your diesel comments refer to Mazda diesels in general or CX3 diesels. What are the issues? Most of our driving is a roads and motorways.. thanks.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Obviously you won't know the history of a car with 60k on the clock. Just search through the diesel regeneration posts on this forum
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I had a 6 year (75K miles) service done at 64,936 miles at a Mazda dealer in May last year and paid £409.83 + VAT.
You can get a service done outside the franchised dealer network, but make sure they use the correct spec. of engine oil and carry out the oil data reset of the ECU.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd