All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
March

Post by March »

see attached photo
suggestions for a cure gratefully received

IMG_20220727_141643.jpg

Vincent66

Post by Vincent66 »

Been there - also the nearside (other side fine)

First question - is there any bumper damage (somebody may have reversed into you, perhaps quite gently and that can crack the seal on the light unit)

That said I believe Mazda made some bad units with faulty seals - can you add what vintage your Cv3 is (mine 2016)

Ask your local dealer first (mine was really not helpful, and in fact got very upset - I guess lots have asked about this fault (wanting discounted fix), and told me it was totally normal !!! as long as it passes an MOT . . . Yes I know long term the wiring will corrode, algae will grow. Not why you buy a Mazda !!!)

Best course then is to write to Mazda UK (Apologies I didn't - I just ran out of time) and ask nicely say to split the costs. They will want a garage report though I think to say no accident damage (Why I gave up as the dealer was unhelpful)

It is expensive for a Mazda dealer to replace. In fact Mazda dealer servicing is now prohibative I think.

Repair yourself might just be possible if you have lots of time, patience, skill, and experience.

Just one stupid question - can you take a picture from inside the bonnet - there is a ventilator gadget at the top I think (that could fall off . . . )

Removing the bumper to get at the light unit is probably not trivial (Never done it). I guess an independent could do a much cheaper job but the bumper refit might be a bodge up (So depends on your independent - some brilliant and much better than dealers - perhaps add your area to the post if you want to go that way).
2016 Cx3 2L Petrol Auto