Its snowing - Glad I have All Seasons

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
TEB

Post by TEB »

Quite snowy this morning and in need of a few supplies, so a run down to the village shop.

Thank goodness for AWD and all season tyres, been impressed so far by the mid range Kumho solus 4s, appear to suite the CX3 and this weather.

2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual

countryman

Post by countryman »

Good recommendation, thanks.

I've got the Toyo Gripless fitted on my CX-3. Car abandoned at the bottom of a hill due to an inch of snow. It says 4WD on the back of my car but you could have fooled me. Used to have a Q3 Quattro with Michelin Cross-Climates. Used to soar up that hill, muttering 'Snow? What snow'. Now any hint of snow or ice and we simply won't go out as have lost all faith in the car. And before some SmartA* tells me I have a heavy right foot, the answer is 'no'. Can't wait to sell it.
Mazda CX-3 2.0 150 Sport Nav + 5dr AWD Petrol Manual
Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

countryman wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:15 pm Good recommendation, thanks.

I've got the Toyo Gripless fitted on my CX-3. Car abandoned at the bottom of a hill due to an inch of snow. It says 4WD on the back of my car but you could have fooled me. Used to have a Q3 Quattro with Michelin Cross-Climates. Used to soar up that hill, muttering 'Snow? What snow'. Now any hint of snow or ice and we simply won't go out as have lost all faith in the car. And before some SmartA* tells me I have a heavy right foot, the answer is 'no'. Can't wait to sell it.
Sounds like you need some all season tyres. I bought a set of winter wheels and tyres for our Mazda 2 and on the handful of occasions that they have been used the car has embarrassed a few 4x4s on the wrong tyres.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.
TEB

Post by TEB »

countryman wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:15 pm Good recommendation, thanks.

Shame you have lost faith in the CX3 due to the Toyo's, which are a rubbish tyre, and I wish Mazda would stop fitting them as standard; those factory fitted to our car prematurely perished. However fitting a decent all season tyre will much improve the cars ability in winter weather.

As a side note my wife has recently downsized from her awd Volvo to a front drive Mini hatch. It came with 17" summer sports tyres, which made it totally undrivable in the snow. Since switched to 15" rims with Goodyear Vector 4 Season. Far better now, though not as good as the CX3 with its all weather tyres and awd in the snow.
2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual