Mazda CX-3 Engines and Technology

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Engineers will use Mazda’s SkyActiv technologies, applying a focus on low weight and strong efficiency to everything from the chassis to the gearbox.

A new diesel – thought to be a 1.6-litre engine – will play a major part in reducing emissions. The most efficient version of the bigger CX-5 – which features a 2.0-litre diesel – manages 61.4mpg and 119g/km, but the CX-3 could be capable of around 80mpg and 95g/km.

Mazda is also thought to be developing a 1.3-litre petrol turbo, which could feature in the CX-3 line-up.

In this class, two-wheel-drive crossovers outsell four-wheel-drive versions by some margin, so the CX-3 may be offered as a front-wheel-drive model only.

As it did in the CX-5, Mazda will attempt to deliver a taste of the MX-5’s driver appeal, so the new car’s steering and gearbox will be set up for instant responses and feedback.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Mazda declined to mention specifications but the CX-3 is expected to be heavily based on the Mazda2. This means there could be a variety of engines including:
A 1.5-liter SKYACTIV-G with 75 PS (55 kW) and 135 Nm (99 lb-ft) of torque
A 1.5-liter SKYACTIV-G with 90 PS (66 kW) and 148 Nm (109 lb-ft) of torque
A 1.5-liter SKYACTIV-G i-ELOOP with 115 PS (85 kW) and 148 Nm (109 lb-ft) of torque
A 1.5-liter SKYACTIV-D with 105 PS (77 kW) and 220 Nm (162 lb-ft) of torque
shell

Post by shell »

It will also be interesting if there are any updates to the engines. Volvo appear to be making great strides with their new Denso supplied injectors. I'm sure Mazda could get greater economy/emmisions/power from their SkyActive engines.
walker

Post by walker »

I predict this to be a great seller especially compared to the upcoming Honda HRV (that most likely will be overpriced and underspecced
Niall

Post by Niall »

Makes everything else in the segment look terrible by comparison. Ford Ecosport is a joke compared to this.