Safety recall front suspension

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

st3v3cx-3 wrote:
mum@mazda wrote:Very strange. I have received letter and txt from Mazda. Also visited dealer to discuss service plans,and they were aware. Maybe the recall is very VIN specific and you are one of the lucky ones not to be affected.

Service plans, well that's a whole new PIA.
Re service plans - please be very aware that Mazda dealers can either be selling their own plan or a Mazda UK administered one. With the former type, you are limited to having the service done solely by that dealership (or another in the same chain of dealers) whereas the Mazda UK administered one means you can take you car to any of the dealers who are in the scheme. This latter type could be very beneficial if you were to :-

a) move out of the area during the 3 year plan period and would find getting back to the original dealer for a service completely impractical
b) found you didn't get on with the dealer who originally sold the plan or their workmanship left a lot to be desired
c) hit a problem when the dealer goes bust during the period of your plan leaving you trying to get some kind of refund from the liquidator / administrator or credit card company if used to purchase the plan

I can speak from practical experience re (c) as the dealer I purchased the plan from (which I'd been told was a Mazda UK registered one paid at the going rate, but turns out now it wasn't) went bust after 2 months of my new car ownership. There's another thread in this forum outlining my experiences so far. At present the signs are looking more positive that Mazda UK will be arranging for me and other customers affected by the problem to be registered with the Mazda UK plan and thus be able to use other dealers in the plan when the time comes for the annual service.

A 3 year period of a service plan can be quite a long period in the sometimes turbulent ups and downs of car dealer franchises or financing problems. The additional cost of the Mazda UK scheme vs a dealer's scheme can be well worth it imho.
I have spoken to Mazda regarding a Service Plan with them, but they say no such plan exists
I have decide to pay as I go. Obviously costs more but the thought of being tied to a dealer for 3 years is not acceptable to me

Please let me know if Mazda have a change of policy regarding this
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors

Gus

Post by Gus »

Suggest you tell Customer services to read their own website, looks very clear to me! https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/m ... /overview/
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Gus wrote:Suggest you tell Customer services to read their own website, looks very clear to me! https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/m ... /overview/
We offer 3 years Fixed Price Servicing* from as little as £499^ or the convenience of a pay monthly plan helping you to spread your servicing costs by paying a monthly direct debit that is calculated specifically for your needs. For more information regarding Service Plans contact your local Mazda Dealer.

Read more at https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/m ... imV3cjA.99

I assume you mean the paragraph above, I did contact my local dealer who tried to sell me their Plan, so I contacted Mazda and they told me that was the only option
Armrest
Front Sensors
Lordy1

Post by Lordy1 »

anchorman wrote:Here it is;
CX3 suspension recall TSB.pdf
This is the US bulletin but the UK is the same.

Well done Anchorman !

Mine has been to the dealers as i have been complaining of a front end rattle over rutted roads. They checked the tracking and as usual could not find anything wrong. This bulletin is getting posted to the Service manager tonight !! (yes I have his direct dial as I have had to complain too many times !!
CX 3 Sports Nav Diesel Auto AWD Ceramic
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Peter55 wrote:
Gus wrote:Suggest you tell Customer services to read their own website, looks very clear to me! https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/m ... /overview/
We offer 3 years Fixed Price Servicing* from as little as £499^ or the convenience of a pay monthly plan helping you to spread your servicing costs by paying a monthly direct debit that is calculated specifically for your needs. For more information regarding Service Plans contact your local Mazda Dealer.

I assume you mean the paragraph above, I did contact my local dealer who tried to sell me their Plan, so I contacted Mazda and they told me that was the only option
Perhaps what Mazda meant was your dealer wasn't registered / subscribed to the sheme that is administered centrally on behalf of Mazda UK and thus your dealer can only offer their own scheme? It would be sooo much easier if all Mazda dealers were forced to register for the one centrally registered scheme used for the first 3 years on a new car - unlikely to be to their real detriment as car owners are still more likely to use their local dealer to carry out the service. VW seem to have no problem offering a service plan scheme that allows a car owner to have their car serviced at any of their over 200 dealers nationwde!

Have you got another Mazda dealer(s) reasonably local who you could contact to see if they offer the Mazda UK service plan? Or perhaps Mazda UK Customer Services could tell you which dealer(s) in your area offer the centrally administered scheme?
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

st3v3cx-3 wrote:
Peter55 wrote:

Perhaps what Mazda meant was your dealer wasn't registered / subscribed to the sheme that is administered centrally on behalf of Mazda UK and thus your dealer can only offer their own scheme? It would be sooo much easier if all Mazda dealers were forced to register for the one centrally registered scheme used for the first 3 years on a new car - unlikely to be to their real detriment as car owners are still more likely to use their local dealer to carry out the service. VW seem to have no problem offering a service plan scheme that allows a car owner to have their car serviced at any of their over 200 dealers nationwde!

Have you got another Mazda dealer(s) reasonably local who you could contact to see if they offer the Mazda UK service plan? Or perhaps Mazda UK Customer Services could tell you which dealer(s) in your area offer the centrally administered scheme?
Hi

I appreciate all what you say, I bought the car from an Edinburgh dealer as he had what I wanted for immediate delivery

They only had their own Plan, my local Newcastle Dealer only has his Plan, both say there is no national Mazda Plan and this was backed up by Mazda when I spoke to them

I have in the past dealt with VW and Audi and on both occasions I bought their Service Plan and was able to take my car anywhere in the country for Service

Please tell me there is hidden somewhere a Mazda UK Plan, do I need a code word or secret Password to get it
Armrest
Front Sensors
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

I just called my Mazda Dealer about this and he checked my registration number and confirmed that there was no recall for my vehicle. I asked if he was aware of the issue and he said yes and that it only affects a certain range of VIN numbers beginning with DK and this did not apply to my VIN. This also ties up with the information in the TSB pdf already posted.

He also mentioned that the dealer has a legal obligation to inform all affected owners. It was reassuring to get it confirmed though.....

Andy
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Deep Crystal Blue Mica, Half Stone Leather
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

AndyH wrote:I just called my Mazda Dealer about this and he checked my registration number and confirmed that there was no recall for my vehicle. I asked if he was aware of the issue and he said yes and that it only affects a certain range of VIN numbers beginning with DK and this did not apply to my VIN. This also ties up with the information in the TSB pdf already posted.

He also mentioned that the dealer has a legal obligation to inform all affected owners. It was reassuring to get it confirmed though.....

Andy
Interesting. The VIN on my car starts JMZDK.......... and I'm sure was built in March 2016 (with the safety pack option that wasn't available prior to Jan 2016) which doesn't seem to fall in the range shown on the US TSB pdf posted earlier :-

2016 CX-3 JM1 DK**** G0 100037 – 127264 From March 10, 2015 through December 2, 2015

Not much chance of me hearing from my gone bust dealer. I presume any recall letter should come direct from Mazda UK anyway. Will send message to Mazda UK Customer Services to confirm.

Edit: Sent request via Mazda UK website for clarification. Had an e-mail reply saying they'd checked my VIN and there were no outstanding recalls on this car. They gave the address of the Motor Codes website where you can look up your VIN - check out http://www.motorcodes.co.uk/vehicle-recall
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016