Handbook

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
slideboy

Post by slideboy »

Having collected my CX-3 12 days ago the more I drive it the more amazed I am as to how good it is. However, whenever I want to find out anything and consult the Owners reference manual I am left thinking I will either check out the forum or going online to try and get my questions answered. Has anyone else found this? or is it just me?

I have had many cars over the years and the CX-3 is one of the most technologically sophisticated cars I have ever owned yet the handbook I feel is the most basic.

Look forward to hearing your views.
CX-3 SportsNav auto meteor Grey PS120

hopalong

Post by hopalong »

Certainly going through the forum I have found out about one or two things I hadn't known about , eg the DRLs going out when in park or the handbrake on.
16 reg, Soul red Sel Nav petrol automatic.
santa

Post by santa »

hopalong wrote:Certainly going through the forum I have found out about one or two things I hadn't known about , eg the DRLs going out when in park or the handbrake on.
It's actually described under "Running lights" on page 4-64 in the english handbook ;)

I agree, there's lots and lots of good information on the forum, but I also think the handbook is pretty good.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

When all else fails, read the instructions
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
Deleted User 437

Post by Deleted User 437 »

I find the cross referencing annoying, e.g on page 5-65 Audio System Settings. SCBS Refer to 9-13. On turning to 9-13 it says refer to Pages 5-65 and 4-143.

Along with the inclusion of features only available on certain models - the dreaded ' * Some models ' footnote. Would help with the size of the manual if Mazda gave model specific manuals therefore omitting superfluous information like MRCC, this would save a few trees! I'm still trying to work out if I have SCBS and SBS or just SCBS. Incidentally has anyone tried out the SCBS, personally I haven't just in case the SCBS doesn't work :shock:
santa

Post by santa »

MrMildrew wrote:I find the cross referencing annoying, e.g on page 5-65 Audio System Settings. SCBS Refer to 9-13. On turning to 9-13 it says refer to Pages 5-65 and 4-143.

Along with the inclusion of features only available on certain models - the dreaded ' * Some models ' footnote. Would help with the size of the manual if Mazda gave model specific manuals therefore omitting superfluous information like MRCC, this would save a few trees! I'm still trying to work out if I have SCBS and SBS or just SCBS. Incidentally has anyone tried out the SCBS, personally I haven't just in case the SCBS doesn't work :shock:
I'm with You on the cross refenencing and the * Some models thing. Very annoying.

SBS is tied with MRCC (using the same radar), so if You haven't got MRCC, You only have SCBS :)
My MRCC brakes fine, so I'm guessing the SBS also works but I haven't tried out the SCBS yet, so can't help You there.
I want to test it, if I get time to book a spot on an advanced driving course prior to winter.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

Bit late in the day to comment on this but I have managed to obtain an Owners Manual which is not supplied with new cars but this book has much more information than the condensed version supplied with my CX3 Sport Nav in March. This version was not up to date anyway.
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

http://owners-manual.mazda.com/gen/en/c ... howto.html for the online manual - still confusing though! :?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...