Fun changing to winter tyres

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

I thought it was time to fit my winter rubber, on OEM Mazda 15" alloys
First challenge - Mazda don't provide even a wheel brace and I don't have the correct size socket.....then a flash of inspiration...maybe there is a wheelbrace in my wife's MX 5....yes so we are off and running

Second challenge - my trolley jack didn't lift the car high enough. Easily solved with a wedge

Third challenge - after fitting 3 wheels, I remember the winter rubber in directional...and guess what....yup, time to start again...

Fourth challenge....I'm thinking how do I map the TPM sensors to my car - this has to be fine for the wheels on my bike....thankfully, they don't need mapping to my car ...at least the warnings haven't gone off yet in 5 miles....

Strangely I noticed that 2 of the 18" sport nav rims I removed are fully painted in the inner face...whilst the other 2 aren't and clearly show "blow through" of the dark paint between the spokes....perhaps they were refurbished before delivery.

I shall report later on grip and changes in ride comfort with the taller sidewall on the 16".