Auto light Dip/Full Beam Issue

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
santa

Post by santa »

st3v3cx-3 wrote:
santa wrote: It must be the hills in the area that's causes the system to malfunction. Even though it's only for 3-400 meters.
In my part of the UK, a 300-400 metre hill would be considered a mountain :)
About the same here and it's not a hill 300-400 meters high (which would be over twice the height of the highest point in Denmark :D ), it's only a stretch of road 300-400 meters long but in a hilly area :)
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

santa wrote:
st3v3cx-3 wrote:
santa wrote: It must be the hills in the area that's causes the system to malfunction. Even though it's only for 3-400 meters.
In my part of the UK, a 300-400 metre hill would be considered a mountain :)
About the same here and it's not a hill 300-400 meters high (which would be over twice the height of the highest point in Denmark :D ), it's only a stretch of road 300-400 meters long but in a hilly area :)
Oops - I should have read your posting properly. Understand now. I didn't think Denmark was that hilly :lol:
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
matt

Post by matt »

Auto dip/ full beam? There must be a problem with mine as I don't have it! At least I don't think I do??
2015 CX3 AWD Petrol
santa

Post by santa »

matt wrote:Auto dip/ full beam? There must be a problem with mine as I don't have it! At least I don't think I do??
I'm not from the UK but as far as I can see, it's part of an optional Safety Pack (together with Blind Spot Monitoring) in the UK, so if You didn't order that, You don't have High Beam Control.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

matt wrote:Auto dip/ full beam? There must be a problem with mine as I don't have it! At least I don't think I do??
In the UK, the High Beam Control System is part of the Safety Pack which is an option at extra cost on the Sport Nav and includes Blind Sport Monitoring.

Edit: As santa said above :~)
Last edited by jtonline on Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: santa posted whilst I was composing my reply
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
matt

Post by matt »

Well that's okay then!
I bet it wouldn't stop everyone flashing me cos they think I've got full beams on anyway.
2015 CX3 AWD Petrol
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

I went nuts trying to work out why my headlight 'auto-dip' feature didn't work. In the end I rang the dealer. 'The auto-dip feature is NOT fitted to UK spec models' - so although it talked about it in the manual it wasn't an option on my car. Now I got mine in Sept 2015, so unless they are now including the auto-dip as a standard on Sport Nav models, and I haven't heard they have, then it isn't fitted. I hope they do in future as I think it's a good feature.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

deep blue wrote:...so unless they are now including the auto-dip as a standard on Sport Nav models, and I haven't heard they have, then it isn't fitted...
That's why I said 'option at extra cost' ;)
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
TINO

Post by TINO »

Had all of the same with lane changing and all the rest cured mine after playing. Pull on the windscreen wash and wipe, job done, or clean your windscreen where the sensor's are.
The middle of the road is a dangerous place, you have to take sides. :)
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I have the auto lights on both the CX-3 and MX5, but I will never use that setting, it is far too dangerous. I had a Jag about 7 years ago with auto lights and one evening the lights switched on while approaching a junction. The car waiting to pull out thought I was indicating to him and drove out in front of me. As far as I'm concerned they should be banned.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED