Skyactice petrol big miles

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

Just wondering. Who has got the highest mileage on their skyactice G petrol engine? Now that would be interesting!

have there been any significant engine/gear box issue. These modern motors are super scary with all the technology on them and the electro mechanical engine/gear box controls. It would be interesting to see if anyone has bigger mileage with no issues. Personally I think Mazda solution sounds better than the small turbo route that most manufacturers have followed.
Last edited by Gordongilchrist on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)

santa

Post by santa »

I just had mine through the 40,000 km service (which would be 24,000 miles service I think).
Nothing so far with the engine or transmission, but I've had a few minor things fixed on guarantee (not engine or transmission related).
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
Gordongilchrist

Wow that's a lot a miles
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I tend to agree that the big naturally aspirated engine which is derated for the CX-3 should plod on for donkeys years providing it gets routine oil changes.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Gus

Post by Gus »

Just about to hit 18k, so well short of Santa :) mind you the CX-3 is in desperate need of a clean, the roads and hence the CX-3 are skanky (if that is how you spell it, mind you I guess the guys in the U.K. Will get my drift) :D
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Gordongilchrist

I hear you Gus! Love your mpg link thing. Ur mpg is real encouraging
santa

Post by santa »

Gordongilchrist wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:05 pm I hear you Gus! Love your mpg link thing. Ur mpg is real encouraging
I can add, that my mpg is 45.0 (imp) so far, so I'm very pleased :D
Gordongilchrist

Wow 45 mpg!!!!!! Is that mixed type driving? Do u nurse it? I used to have a MG ZT diesel automatic n only got 31 mpg. Lol the auto did that much slipping and it took so long to get up to temperature.

Wait i just saw your mpg link. That is impressive but boy u do a lot of driving. No warm up period helps big style IMO.and u live in Denmark where there's no hills
santa

Post by santa »

Gordongilchrist wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:59 am Wow 45 mpg!!!!!! Is that mixed type driving? Do u nurse it? I used to have a MG ZT diesel automatic n only got 31 mpg. Lol the auto did that much slipping and it took so long to get up to temperature.

Wait i just saw your mpg link. That is impressive but boy u do a lot of driving. No warm up period helps big style IMO.and u live in Denmark where there's no hills
It's mixed city and country roads with the highway every now and then.
I accelerate quite quickly up to the speedlimit, then I engage the cruise control and just cruise along on the speed limit.
The adaptive cruise control helps alot and make it much less stressful when driving, as I'm not bothered with tailgaters trying to push me to drive faster than the speedlimit.
City driving is what kills the mpg in the CX-3, then again it was also city driving that really knocked the mpg down in my old Fiat Bravo 1,4 turbo.
Yeah, I drive about 3,000 km a month and though we don't have big hills, we do have a lot of hills ;)
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

I average around 40mpg