AirCon Issues

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
alanwoodie

Post by alanwoodie »

I've been waiting a couple of weeks for a new condenser to be fitted to my used CX-3, 2015 and after reading the above comment I wonder if I should mention this to the dealer. So disappointing after waiting to have an unmodified one fitted, before I have even taken delivery of the car.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Mazda Cx-3 SE-L NAV AUTO. October 2015
BLUE.

Gus

Post by Gus »

Do they have the condensor or are they waiting for it to arrive?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
alanwoodie

Post by alanwoodie »

They have acquired a condenser, which should be fitted today, and delivering car to me tomorrow.
Mazda Cx-3 SE-L NAV AUTO. October 2015
BLUE.
r4c3r

Post by r4c3r »

Hi, just to report condenser issues identified on our 16-reg CX3 - have been waiting for two weeks now and today dealer declared they do not know when they will be able to get hold of the part.
Have been told the part they are after is DB3R61480. Does anyone know if this is the modified one?
cheers
Mazda CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue, 2.0 petrol FWD - 2016
Gus

Post by Gus »

r4c3r wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:08 pm Hi, just to report condenser issues identified on our 16-reg CX3 - have been waiting for two weeks now and today dealer declared they do not know when they will be able to get hold of the part.
Have been told the part they are after is DB3R61480. Does anyone know if this is the modified one?
cheers
It is likely to be if they are awaiting delivery, I have Mazda UK calling me when they know more on delivery, keep the windows down in the meantime and keep smiling :D
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
r4c3r

Post by r4c3r »

that is what I have been told... well not exactly... I have been told that they do not have estimated delivery date :/....
really disappointed as the part can be bought of amazon!!! or wallmart in US!! or eBay!! and number of 3rd party car parts websites yet Mazda UK can not get the delivery date......
for now I got hire car (with A/C working) ....but I want our CX-3!
I have approached mazda and asked about defects in condenser so will post once I have got some more information.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

r4c3r wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:04 am. . . really disappointed as the part can be bought of amazon!!! or wallmart in US!! or eBay!! and number of 3rd party car parts websites yet Mazda UK can not get the delivery date . . .

The stock you can currently get from third party sites may not have the necessary modifications, and therefore may fail again prematurely; so better to wait for Mazda. The modified evaporators were marked with two black dots to differentiate them from unmodified ones. I'll do some checking and see if I can find out if modified condensers have a similar marking.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
r4c3r

Post by r4c3r »

@jtonline
Thanks, that is a very valid comment, do you know if the part numbers are still the same for original and modified one?
Philmac

Post by Philmac »

Hi All

I have a new CX3 Sports Nav purchased in Sep 2016. The AC packed up in end March 2017. Mazda Crawley Sussex looked at beginning of April and said they will need a part and they would order. ( later found out it was the condenser) Waited a month for the part ( not happy as no AC ) took the car in and they fixed it, it lasted a day............... took the car back on 30 May they confirmed that the second condenser had blown. At this point I started to smell a rat, that this was a serious fault with the supplied condenser manufacturer. I work in air conditioning and know they use what is called Micro Channel condenser coils, Mazda would not make these themselves but buy it in from a third party, I can only assume that they have a problem with this supplier and hopefully sourced an alternative. Anyway, Mazda Crawley/Mazda UK have given me a hire car Ford Focus ( with working Air conditioning) My car is still with them and no update despite asking as to when they will have a replacement condenser. I am not a happy bunny, I though I was buying a quality product but now I am worried. If they have the same problem with the evaporator at a later date when the car is out of warranty this will not be a cheap fix as the whole dashboard needs to come out. Mazda should be honest and reassure the customers as to the process/timeline for replacements, all you get from Mazda UK is we are awaiting the parts. As a note for those who dont know, the condenser is the bit in the engine compartment that reject the heat from the refrigerant. and is very high pressure/temperature, so the condenser has to be manufactured to cope with this. The Micro Channel condensers are aluminum pipes with aluminum fins, so is a soft metals and as such the have to be pure. I have seen in the past where poor grade /contaminated Aluminium has been used and condensers pop.
CX3 Sports Nav Auto Mica Jet Black 2 ltr Petrol September 2016
Gus

Post by Gus »

Well it looks like some have arrived in country, mine is booked in for Tuesday, part arrived at dealer late today, fingers crossed, legs crossed this will fix it permanently.