AirCon Issues

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Deano

Post by Deano »

Hi
My VIN on my GT sport falls within the mmzdk range of 100001 to 239505, (Mar 14 2016 to Nov 1 2016).
Can I request the parts are changed anyway or will I have to wait until it starts to leak?
Not good for a new car.

Deano
2017 CX-3 GT Sport, manual, Meteor Grey Mica :)

Gus

Post by Gus »

I believe you will need to wait as the TSB states
REPAIR PROCEDURE
When you receive a customer complaint on this concern, use the following repair procedure.
1. Visually inspect the condenser for A/C refrigerant leak
If a trace of A/C refrigerant leak as shown in the figure has been found, go to next step.
If no leak has been found, this Service Information is not applicable.
plus the units are in short supply at the moment and don't forget not everybody has had an issue.

So my suggestion is - enjoy your new purchase and don't worry as you will be able to get it fixed quickly should it happen and not have to wait a year for it to be diagnosed and re-engineered. :lol: that is what I am going to do now it works again. :D
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

At the car's first service yesterday (only 4500 miles covered) it was discovered that the condenser was leaking. This will be replaced under warranty but Eden Mazda Taunton say that there is a 6 week waiting time for the part. Does this mean that the condenser is a known weakness on the CX-3?

I am aware that the latest a/c fluids are prone to leakage, and that the a/c needs to be used regularly to keep the lubricant in suspension.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

zoylander wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:32 pm. . .Does this mean that the condenser is a known weakness on the CX-3?. .

It has been, yes, see earlier in this thread for the range of VINs and manufacturing dates that Mazda have recognised as having a condenser (behind front bumper) that may fail. Once a modified condenser is fitted you should be OK.

There have also been failures of the a/c evaporator (behind the dashboard) and some a/c control units; again see the posts earlier in this thread for details.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
r4c3r

Post by r4c3r »

Got in touch with Mazda UK customer service, they have not told more than we already know and was said on this forum... I was told the condenser should be available mid July....
Mazda CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue, 2.0 petrol FWD - 2016
davidrew

Post by davidrew »

zoylander wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:32 pm At the car's first service yesterday (only 4500 miles covered) it was discovered that the condenser was leaking. This will be replaced under warranty but Eden Mazda Taunton say that there is a 6 week waiting time for the part. Does this mean that the condenser is a known weakness on the CX-3?

I am aware that the latest a/c fluids are prone to leakage, and that the a/c needs to be used regularly to keep the lubricant in suspension.

Just to give an idea of the wait time, we waited 3 weeks for a replacement condenser which is being fitted tomorrow. We have been assured it is the modified one as the current one lasted 20 months which led to our next question to the dealer .....

Out of interest we asked what the warrantee was on the new part which will be the balance of the 3 years. So if something fails and is fitted near the end of the 3 years under the warrantee then you might only get a few weeks or days covered. We thought you should get a minimum of 12 months on any dealer warrantee replaced part or repair but apparently not so.

We always leave the aircon on as switching it off seemed to cause loads of expensive problems on our old car.
CX-3 Sport Nav Petrol 2.0 in Soul Red
Gus

Post by Gus »

Well after a week with air con, I have to say i enjoy driving the car again, so far so good and fingers crossed it stays that way.

I can also say that the control panel fix gives far greater control of temp and i have really been testing it :)
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Cold snap coming next week Gus. Sub zero temps.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Gus

Post by Gus »

You are so near the truth........
Philmac

Post by Philmac »

Well done you Gus.......I have been waiting 6 weeks now and still no word as to when the parts wlll be avaliable.... still not a happy bunny.
When my air con was working, I did suspect the climate contol's were not very good and somewhat erratic, so that will be next on the list. Just hope the evaporator holds out.
CX3 Sports Nav Auto Mica Jet Black 2 ltr Petrol September 2016