AirCon Issues

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Al. Hef

Post by Al. Hef »

A new condenser has arrived at my dealer today the 26th. I have been waiting since the 13th of May. So not too bad. I thought it would be longer after reading all the problems in the forum. All work done under warranty and no quibbles at Perrys Mazda Mansfield. In to workshop Thursday this week and out Friday. I will see how things go after Friday. Hopefully all OK.

tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Good luck!!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

My dealer rang today to say they have the parts and the car is booked in next Friday. It remains to be seen whether I can persuade them to replace the control panel and get reliable temperature control.
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather
Gus

Post by Gus »

IWRA wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 7:54 pm My dealer rang today to say they have the parts and the car is booked in next Friday. It remains to be seen whether I can persuade them to replace the control panel and get reliable temperature control.
Download the service bulletin. Print it off and take it with you, there should be no argument as long as you meet the criteria listed.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

IWRA wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 7:54 pm My dealer rang today to say they have the parts and the car is booked in next Friday. It remains to be seen whether I can persuade them to replace the control panel and get reliable temperature control.
I thought my control panel wasn't functioning properly as I only got cold air out when it was on the minimum setting - anything above and warm air was being put out of the vents. However, after the condenser was replaced on Monday, I can confirm the control unit now works properly - fingers crossed - and it needs to be turned to at least 5 notches up from the minimum before warm air comes out. So hopefully you'll find the same when your condenser is replaced.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Silver19

Post by Silver19 »

Just as it got real hot last week my aircon has died as well, When it was working I always assumed that aircon setup was just very poor in the CX-3 as there was very little in variation between hot and cold, it was one or there other will no adjustment in-between, Then again in Scotland most of year round it's set to max heat and for a few days you put the aircon on :-), My car is due a service as tonight my service light spanner came on so hopefully with service bulletins in hand I can get this sorted.
CX-3 | AWD |Sport Nav | Auto | Diesel | Crystal White | Half Stone Leather
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

Silver19 wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 11:31 pm Just as it got real hot last week my aircon has died as well,
Me too, just as we went off for a few days away. It took me back to driving in the pre-aircon days; windows open, blower on full. Looks like I'll be on the phone on Tuesday trying to get booked in.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
amigoforlavida

Post by amigoforlavida »

My old Mercedes had just air con not climate control, and when i turned it to a cold setting it sent out very cold air. With our new CX3 and with temperatures of 29C even on the coldest setting the air temp was not particularly cold. Is this a difference between just air con and climate control TIA
CX-3 SEL Nav Auto petrol Soul Red Reg Jan 2017
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Maybe on auto setting which you can override! Ours is ice cold when we switch it on!!! ❄ ❄
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

amigoforlavida wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 10:55 pm My old Mercedes had just air con not climate control, and when i turned it to a cold setting it sent out very cold air. With our new CX3 and with temperatures of 29C even on the coldest setting the air temp was not particularly cold. Is this a difference between just air con and climate control TIA
No, even with climate control it should give maximum cooling until it gets close to the temperature you set. Only then it will start to throttle back.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED