AirCon Issues

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
hemelvirgin

Post by hemelvirgin »

hi,

yes if weather gets warm trying to cool down a bit does result in a loud blast of cold air!!!.
must admit the actual temp setting control isn't very user friendly,
will await summer as car bought end of oct 2016 before having hassle with dealer
cx3 sport auto petrol oct 66 plate

matt

Post by matt »

I've noticed that now it's got a bit warmer, It's blowing out hot air unless the temp control is almost at minimum. I would take it to dealer but I'm not sure I want them messing around with my motor. Maybe better to live with it and let sleeping dogs lie..
2015 CX3 AWD Petrol
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

There appear to be three well documented problem areas with the air conditioning system:

1) Climate Control Unit in the dashboard
2) Evaporator behind the dashboard
3) Condenser behind front bumper

If you have a fault with one of these components it is completely replaced by your dealer under warranty.

I had a new condenser fitted on mine. I had no qualms getting my dealer to fix it; once they had hold of the part, the car was in and out the workshop in no time.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

jtonline wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:03 pm There appear to be three well documented problem areas with the air conditioning system:

1) Climate Control Unit in the dashboard
2) Evaporator behind the dashboard
3) Condenser behind front bumper

If you have a fault with one of these components it is completely replaced by your dealer under warranty.

I had a new condenser fitted on mine. I had no qualms getting my dealer to fix it; once they had hold of the part, the car was in and out the workshop in no time.
I think I'll be after a evaporator or condenser replacement, plus climate control unit replacement, when I take my car in for its annual service next month. It seems a real pity dealers don't hold a small stock of replacement units so they can fix an owner's car when they visit complaining of the problem rather than requiring a further visit once unit(s) have been obtained. Especially as CX-3 climate control problems are known and covered by worldwide TSBs for the appropriate range of VINs worldwide.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Gus

Post by Gus »

Tested my air con today, nope after 20 miles after being set to Lo or max cold, however you want to describe it, i found I got colder air if I opened the window.
I had the condensor replaced last year so I guess it is back to the dealer for this years fix :(
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

I managed to book it in and they found a leak. They admitted that there are known issues with this model and will carry out the repair under warranty, although there no parts available at present and will advise when they are in.
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

I chased the dealer Bristol Street Motors in Bristol, today to be advised as of the 28th April this dealership will no longer be Mazda approved and will be unable to carry out warranty repairs!! Wessex Garages have taken over as Mazda dealers. I assume they will be able to pick up the information on the car on the Mazda system, however they are still getting everything in place and are not as yet connected to Mazda until next week, all being well! The condensers are on back order and I don't hold up much hope of getting it fixed anytime soon, particularly from a dealer who's only just started on the Mazda leaning curve!!! Not impressed.
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather
igloo_si

Post by igloo_si »

aircon stopped working. we use it very little si it can't have run out, could it? dealer charges £60 for refill
Petrol Ceramic White SE-L 03/16 CX3
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

igloo_si wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 9:39 am aircon stopped working. we use it very little si it can't have run out, could it? dealer charges £60 for refill
What exactly do you mean by the "aircon stopped working"? There are potential problems recognised by Mazda on cars in the first 15 months of production upto around October 2016 (from your signature looks like your car was purchased in March 2016?). Others here have posted further details. If yours needs a refill it would sound to me like it is leaking which is one of the problem areas. In your situation I would be contacting the dealer about a warranty repair.

As an aside, I would recommend either always having the air con on in your car - or at least for a short time each week. Otherwise you might find the various seals on the system dry out and cause potential leakage and other problems in due course. Any impact on the mpg from using the air con is lost in the mix of driving conditions or a heavy right foot :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
igloo_si

Post by igloo_si »

no cold air when a/c btn pressed.

don't have it turned on as it's usually not needed (not hot)
have booked an appointment to have it checked
Petrol Ceramic White SE-L 03/16 CX3