AirCon Issues

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

On automatic that is!!! Auto switched off and it will stay where you set it (cold or otherwise)!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

tyrfelin wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 9:34 pm On automatic that is!!! Auto switched off and it will stay where you set it (cold or otherwise)!
No, the automatic settings are for the fan speed and air outlet direction. It won't affect the set point on the temperature dial.
Basically if you set the temperature at 22 deg it will either heat or cool until the cabin reaches that temperature and then throttle back.
If the fan is set at auto it will run at high speed until it gets near temperature and then slow down.
If the air direction is set at auto it will blow out the upper vents when it's cooling and the lower vents when it's heating.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Ok thanks
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
amigoforlavida

Post by amigoforlavida »

Thanks
booked it in to Southport Mazda on Monday
CX-3 SEL Nav Auto petrol Soul Red Reg Jan 2017
davidrew

Post by davidrew »

Well the AirCon has died, nasty noise from somewhere at the front on Monday and only part cooling (noise stopped with AirCon off), no cooling Wednesday and no noise ... booked in for an investigation next week.

Sounds like one of the well documented problems. Typical now its warmed up a bit.
CX-3 Sport Nav Petrol 2.0 in Soul Red
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

I took the car in today and they have repaired the air conditioning. I stressed again that I was unhappy with the temperature controls and expected them to replace the control panel. They rang later to advise that they couldn't find fault, however they had spoken with Mazda who authorised the work and the parts are awaited early next week. Clevedon Mazda have always been very good and I've had loan car every time the car has been in.
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather
Al. Hef

Post by Al. Hef »

Had new condenser fitted Friday 2nd June and air con working fine now. Hope that clears the problem for good.
amigoforlavida

Post by amigoforlavida »

Southport Mazda confirmed new condenser required which they have ordered. Good service, looked at it straight away, no hanging around :-)
Nordkapp

Post by Nordkapp »

Hi all, for those who are having air con problems above, can you indicate the year and model of CX 3 affected? I note some of you are new members but that is not to say your car is a 2017 model.
I am looking to buy a 2nd hand CX3 but I understand the air con issues were resolved July 2016 onwards? Would I be correct in that assumption?
amigoforlavida

Post by amigoforlavida »

Mazda CX-3 SE-L Nav Reg Jan 2017