AirCon Issues

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
RobRoy594

Post by RobRoy594 »

Today, I have found that trying to cool the car, I only can get it cool with Full Cold 15 deg and AirCon switched on, in Auto position. This however, results in a Full Blast of cold. When I increase the temp to say 18 it get very hot!! I'm sure its not right and needs a trip to Mazda.
Any Advice?
CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav Auto Ceramic

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

There was a Mazda USA Technical Service Bulletin 07-004/16 issued in Oct'16 which related to cars produced before 5th Sept 2016 with VINs lower than JM1 DK ****** 153364 (Note: I don't think these are the format of cars sold in the UK which are all JMZ prefix?)

It stated that :-

"Some customers may complain that it is difficult to adjust the cabin temperature using the auto A/C. This may
be more noticeable when the outside temperature is approximately 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 Celsius).

Customer comment samples:

• The cabin temperature does not decrease to the customers desire (i.e. the set temperature on the temperature
control dial). It is warmer in the vehicle cabin than the selected temperature.
• Even if adjusting the set temperature on the temperature control dial to decrease the cabin temperature, the
air conditioner always blows warm air from the vents.
• When the outside temperature is approximately 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 Celsius) as the seasons change,
the customer first sets the temperature control dial to 72 degrees Fahrenheit (22 Celsius) to warm up the
cabin. After the cabin temperature increases too warm, the customer decreases the set temperature but the
vent air temperature does not change as expected and remains too warm. If it is adjusted to "Max. Cold" then
too much cold air blows out and it is difficult to adjust the cabin temperature.

The climate control unit logic has been changed to correct this concern."

The repair was to remove and replace the climate control unit which is the whole part fitted in the dash including the 3 control knobs.

If your problem is as described above I'd suggest discussing this fix with your local Mazda dealer. I believe other USA owners have had problems with the actual compressor unit which resulted from a bad batch and needed replacement.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
RobRoy594

Post by RobRoy594 »

Thank you, this is very Interesting.
Jumpin

Post by Jumpin »

Funnily was just thinking this about mine the other day when I couldn't seem to get a comfortable temperature. Was too hot, and could only get it to cool down when temperature was set to the minimum. Then it became freezing cold. Was aware of the US TSB but didn't think it applied to UK cars. Perhaps I will speak to my dealer.
CX 3 Sportnav 2.0 petrol manual Soul Red :ugeek:
RobRoy594

Post by RobRoy594 »

Thanks Jumpin,
Had the car 7 months and think it has only just developed this problem. Let me know what the Dealer says.
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

If you have a smartphone with a temperature sensor (not CPU temp.) then a fluctuating temperature record taken over a journey might be useful in persuading an unhelpful reception-'engineer' there is a problem.

As an aside, my 22 setting is nothing of the sort and is way too high.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

This is the TSB for the awkward setting of temperature. There is also another new one for the condenser.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
RobRoy594

Post by RobRoy594 »

Thanks Anchorman, great Info.
Jumpin

Post by Jumpin »

Thanks anchorman, will have to add it to the list of things for my dealer to do.
CX 3 Sportnav 2.0 petrol manual Soul Red :ugeek:
RobRoy594

Post by RobRoy594 »

Result, Dealer (Stockport RRG) has confirmed Climate Control Unit at fault and will replaced next week. Took issue with my copy of the Mazda Service Information.. saying ' That was for the USA only as Mazda UK does not have them online.' I pointed out it did say worldwide on it!!