AirCon Issues

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

zoylander wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:42 am The replacement condenser was fitted yesterday and I was assured that it is the new improved version. We shall see......

...mine fitted on friday (third time lucky! I hope) ...the it's the 'improved' version so fingers crossed!! :)

santa

Post by santa »

Not the same issue but still related to the aircon:
Some months ago, I started to hear click noises from the aircon, only when the temperature was set to between 18-22 degrees but regardless of where the airflow was set at or the speed. Other than the click noises the aircon works as it should.
So yesterday I finally got around to drive by my dealer so they could hear it and it turned out to be an actuator opening and closing all the time, when the temperature was set bewteen 18-22 degrees.
If it's the actuator that is faulty or something more seriour they couldn't say, so for now they have ordered a new actuator to see if that fixes the issue.
I'll let You know when it's been replaced.
As a side note, I found out how easy it is to remove the glovebox :-) it only took the mechanic like 1 second to remove it so he could look under the dash.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
Mrbluesky

Post by Mrbluesky »

I have only had my car for two weeks, its a year old ex demonstrator bought from a Mazda dealership with 2 years left on the warranty.
I am unlikely to need the cooling side of the air-con for another six months during the UK winter so even trying to test the system now is impossible.
My car falls in the VIN number range effected by the faulty condenser and shining a torch at it shows it to have the dark patches mentioned in the Mazda service bulletin as being an indications of a leak.
Do I ignore it until next year until the temperature rises and I will know for sure whether it works or not or do I take it to Mazda now for them to check it to see if any gas pressure is still in the system. Should Mazda have changed the condenser before selling the car to me?
CX-3 2016 Dynamic Blue Sport Nav 2.0 petrol manual with half Stone Leather.
Gus

Post by Gus »

You can check it over the winter, just check how quick the condensation clears on a wet day, you will also find that all you need is a sunny day and it will be like sitting in a green house (as long as it isn't perishing outside), a quick flick to AC and set the temp to min should have cold air pretty quick, they will only replace on request and taken in to prove it, so Mazda will not pay the dealer for their time and parts used unless they get authorisation, which means they have to jump through the hoops.

When you can fill in some of your details so we know whereabouts you are and what you are driving please.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Mrbluesky

Post by Mrbluesky »

Thanks Gus. The condensation check is a good idea, will try that.
I have updated my details.
CX-3 2016 Dynamic Blue Sport Nav 2.0 petrol manual with half Stone Leather.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

As others have pointed out, the a/c is as useful in winter for demisting as it is in summer for cooling.
It is important to use the a/c regularly all year round to prevent the lubricant in the fluid from falling out of suspension. Failure to do so results in lack of lubrication of the seals, leading to leaks.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
hemelvirgin

Post by hemelvirgin »

hemelvirgin wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:45 pm car booked in with dealer 27/10/17 first service (prepaid 3 year) courtesy car arranged for the day &possible longer !!
service done. condenser was leaking apparently. air con working now.
cx3 sport auto petrol oct 66 plate
Gus

Post by Gus »

Keep checking :) just in case it is the evaporator.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
colin79

Post by colin79 »

My CX-3 aircon gave up 2 weeks ago with a hissing sound for a couple of days, before the cold air stopping completely. Called Mazda Byfleet and they said "oh right, maybe just a re-gas, let's book it in". Took it in today, to be told a recall was issued just over a week ago and they suspect they'll have to replace the condenser... couldn't say if they had a part in stock! Waiting to hear and hopefully not a 4-week (or more) wait like some have suffered.
Wonder if anyone has sight of an updated service bulletin? My VIN is in the MMZDK 6... range.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Sept 2016
TERRIERBITE

Post by TERRIERBITE »

Hi
I rang Perrys in Huddersfield who confirmed that there was a condenser recall on my 2016 CX3 and it was done and sorted within a week ,top marks to the people at Perrys and Mazda
Mazda cx3 2.0 litre sport Mica blue 2016