CX-3 What's missing?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Following on from Geejams best feature thread, what do you think would improve the CX-3. Up to three items, either something that is an option and should be standard, something that could be improved or something that would be a completely new feature. The three things for me are:-
1. A 'DNA' (Dynamic, Normal, All weather) switch that changes the power output, throttle response, traction control, steering etc.. like they have in the Alfa. That would certainly allow you to get the best from the power unit.
2. The seats are supportive, but I miss the plushness of previous cars. Even the MX5 seats would be a plus.
3. Front parking sensors would be good as standard, as you just can't see where the front of the car ends.

Obviously the lack of these didn't stop me buying it, but I think they would be nice improvements.

What do you think?
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

ColinP

Post by ColinP »

I'd prefer slightly less sensitive steering with a bit more feedback. I've been driving mine for nearly 8 months now, and have done just under 40 000km, and I haven't got used to it yet, which tells me I'm probably not going to. It's an issue particularly when overtaking - I'm accelerating hard, and when I change gear with just the one hand on the steering wheel, the torque on the tyres seem to make it particularly twitchy, and I always feel like I'm only just in control.

Any other things I might miss would have standard if I'd gone for a higher spec level. :)
2016 CX-3 Active, 2.0l, Manual, Ceramic. 82 000 km
matt

Post by matt »

About 50bhp
2015 CX3 AWD Petrol
Gus

Post by Gus »

matt wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:27 pmAbout 50bhp
Really? given yours is already 150ps. I would be looking at an instant ban as I speed past 4 cameras in a row, mind you I see London so you rarely get above 20mph :D
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Gus

Post by Gus »

variable or adaptive cruise control
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
matt

Post by matt »

You're not wrong mate, I've been VERY lucky so far...
2015 CX3 AWD Petrol
Andyglos

Post by Andyglos »

Things I would like to see for the CX3.......

It to be increased in size by using the Mazda 3 floor pan and not the Mazda 2
+1 for 50bhp more
Better seats
Not so flimsy - it used to annoy me intensely every time I closed the boot and the spoiler rattled/shook
CX3 Sport Nav AWD 150bhp manual (ceramic) .............now gone but hankering for another...
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

It's interesting to see that others feel that a few extra BHP would be a useful addition. If I still feel the same when the warranty ends I will be paying the guys at BBR a visit. An extra 50BHP for £500 sounds like a good upgrade.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Whilst looking under the CX-3's bonnet (just to see if there would be enough room to drop a 2.5 litre 24 valve V6), I was reminded of the only thing missing on the car; a decent hydraulic bonnet mechanism instead of that ridiculous archaic 'prop'.

P.S. Ok, I will confess that I do still miss my V6 at times.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

Andyglos wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:35 pm Things I would like to see for the CX3.......

It to be increased in size by using the Mazda 3 floor pan and not the Mazda 2
I think that's the CX-4
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)