CX-3 What's missing?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

matt wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:03 pm The walk-away lock is very dangerous! Several times now I have left the key in the car accidentally. Overnight outside my house, or in a car park for hours. That would be fun explaining to the insurance company! I'm sure they'd be understanding and pay out, right? Hahaha
My walk-away lock works when I walk away with the key in my pocket; never had it lock with the key inside - certainly not dangerous at all.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)

Gus

Post by Gus »

I have, that's why I switched it off, fortunately both times at home
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Soulred

Post by Soulred »

Gus wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:43 pm I have, that's why I switched it off, fortunately both times at home
Could you explain the circumstances a bit more? I'd like to know about any pitfalls in the system.

I assumed it would lock the car when the key was a specific distance away from the car, but it sounds as if it may lock the car after a certain time following the doors being closed...
March 2017 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav Automatic in Soul Red.
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

It's not possible to lock your keys in, or is it possible to lock keys in the boot
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
matt

Post by matt »

It won't lock itself with the keys inside, so someone could just drive it away.
2015 CX3 AWD Petrol
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Leaving the key fob inside your car is no different to leaving the old style key in the ignition barrel or on the seat etc - the car will remain unlocked and can still be driven away. Benefit of the key fob is you just leave it in your jacket / trouser pocket, or female jacket / dress / handbag etc, and thus there should be no way of leaving it in the car providing you take all your clothes etc with you when exiting the car :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:33 pm Leaving the key fob inside your car is no different to leaving the old style key in the ignition barrel or on the seat etc - the car will remain unlocked and can still be driven away. Benefit of the key fob is you just leave it in your jacket / trouser pocket, or female jacket / dress / handbag etc, and thus there should be no way of leaving it in the car providing you take all your clothes etc with you when exiting the car :)
Exactly, it's not the fault of walk away locking, in fact the double beep tells you you have the keys in your pocket and the next Problem, how to get in your house if you've left your keys in the car
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

I'm happy with the engine, it's not a sports car but a small crossover. Agree about the bonnet prop, had hydraulic struts on my C30.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

rockposer wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:37 am I'm happy with the engine, it's not a sports car but a small crossover. Agree about the bonnet prop, had hydraulic struts on my C30.
Most of the other manufacturers with small crossovers do have engines with a higher BHP. The chassis, brakes and handling do lend themselves to being a bit sportier, so it's not a matter of manufacturing cost, they just have to reprogram the eprom.

My guess is that the bonnet prop is lighter than using a hydraulic strut, and that's what Mazda are all about.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

matt wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:03 pm The walk-away lock is very dangerous! Several times now I have left the key in the car accidentally. Overnight outside my house, or in a car park for hours. That would be fun explaining to the insurance company! I'm sure they'd be understanding and pay out, right? Hahaha
No different to leaving an ordinary set of keys in the car - you wouldn't do that would you....