Learning to Appreciate my CX3

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

Had my CX3 Sport since May and have been looking to change for several weeks. Not because I don't enjoy it, I do, very much but I thought I could live with the manual and have found myself missing the slick smoothness of the auto which I had in my previous two cars. With this in mind, I travelled to Devizes today to try out a 63 plate BMW X1 two litre turbo diesel auto. Suffice to say, I am now more than happy to keep my CX3! The Beemer was awful. Felt like a roller skate, gutless, full of rattles and squeaks and that engine noise! Felt like it should have had a trailer full of dung behind it when waiting at a junction! I have never really liked oil burners tbh. That delay when you rev the engine and wait for the sound to catch up with the pedal ... not a patch on the response of the CX3's lovely petrol unit. Oh well, every cloud as they say. I drove home with a renewed love of my car and took time to go up and down through the box at every opportunity, giving it a little blip on the throttle just because I could!
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.

GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Goldhillman, your CX-3 may forgive you for having a quick 'fling' with a Beemer, just don't be led astray again. Ok.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
Gus

Post by Gus »

I could understand if you tried an auto CX-3, you would have brought it their and then, but a BMW oh dear :)
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

GeeJam wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:13 am Goldhillman, your CX-3 may forgive you for having a quick 'fling' with a Beemer, just don't be led astray again. Ok.
I humbly apologise and promise it will never happen again! :D
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

Gus wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:51 am I could understand if you tried an auto CX-3, you would have brought it their and then, but a BMW oh dear :)
I do wish I had gone for the auto but, as I say, I'm learning to love my old fashioned manual. Takes me back to my youth .... :lol:
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Glad you stayed away from the BMW, they seem to turn drivers into 'Road Hogs'.
The CX-3 has a lovely gearbox and a very light clutch, so easy to use. I'm happy you are learning to love it again.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Gus

Post by Gus »

Did you notice the lack of indicators on the BMW?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

They have right of way! Don't let Llordy see this!
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
RX-3

Post by RX-3 »

Gus wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:45 am Did you notice the lack of indicators on the BMW?
It's a cost option that most owners feel are a waste of money.
2017 CX-3 Maxx 2.0L 6sp Man FWD - Deep Crystal Blue Mica