What do you wish you'd ordered?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

Just been for a test drive and may well pull the trigger on a Sport Nav, 2.0 2WD manual tomorrow.

Out of curiosity, for those already enjoying theirs, is there any particular add on or accessory you really wish you'd ordered at the same time?

On a similar theme, I'd be interested to know what extras you've managed to get thrown in for free?

Thanks! Looking forward to joining the ranks (maybe!)

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I didn't order mine new. I bought a pre-registered Manual Sport Nav 2.0L with 50 miles on the clock. Got it for £17,450. If I had ordered it new I would have gone for the front parking sensors. You just can't see where the bonnet ends. I have got the blind spot sensors on the MX5, but I don't think they are as useful as front parking sensors.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Soulred

Post by Soulred »

We have ended up adding the armrest, auto folding mirrors and auto dimming mirror for a total of £300 including vat and fitting. I am now wondering if we should have added the front parking sensors...
March 2017 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav Automatic in Soul Red.
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

I got Front Sensors and Armrest in lieu of more discount
Wouldn't be without either, although the Sensors don't have a display and are very generous on space
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Strangways wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:12 pm I didn't order mine new. I bought a pre-registered Manual Sport Nav 2.0L with 50 miles on the clock. Got it for £17,450. If I had ordered it new I would have gone for the front parking sensors. You just can't see where the bonnet ends. I have got the blind spot sensors on the MX5, but I don't think they are as useful as front parking sensors.
Unless the spec is different for the 2017 year model, the front parking sensors are still a dealer fitted option rather than a factory fitted option. So you can still get your dealer to supply and fit the front sensors on to your car. They cost around £120 plus fitting - I think I paid £220 total. [Edited - corrected prices]

Points to note / watch :-

1) Make sure the off switch is fitted somewhere your knee won't catch when you exit the car in a tight space. For some reason - perhaps cost - the switch isn't fitted in an existing blank place where the LDW and TPMS switches are located. Note they do automatically switch off after the car goes > 12mph, the off switch is for other circumstances.

2) The outer pair of the sensors are usually fitted on the outside of the front wing area so, whilst they are good for when you are steering your car into a parking spot and approaching another car or obstacle at an angle, they will go off like crazy when driving into a garage as the signal bounces back of the side walls. So I've found it isn't really possible to use them to sense closeness to the garage back wall. I would have preferred it if all 4 sensors were fitted across the front of the car body.

EDIT: Ignore this next point, I'm getting my frequency and speed and pitch all mixed up I think

3) I do wish both front and back sensors increased in frequency as well as speed when getting closer to an obstacle. I'm sure other cars I've had with sensors did this, or maybe I'm confused - easily happens.
Last edited by st3v3cx-3 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

That's interesting Steve, I didn't realise they weren't a factory option. It sounds a bit Mlcky Mouse to me. Maybe I'll take my chances without them.
My rear sensors do increase in frequency until it becomes a constant tone a couple inches away.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

It is a shame it isn't something you can test out before deciding to buy. I think if you did a lot of parallel parking in tight spaces then having both front and rear sensors would allow shuffling back and forth to be a lot easier and potentially safer on the bodywork. Doesn't stop others poor parking judgement though !
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

Thanks for the replies so far. I suspect the hardest thing is going to be deciding on the colour.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Got the armrest fitted as part of the deal. Would of liked the autodim mirror but it wasn't then an option. The front sensors would of been great, don't like where they fit the button mind.
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

rockposer wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:08 pm Got the armrest fitted as part of the deal. Would of liked the autodim mirror but it wasn't then an option. The front sensors would of been great, don't like where they fit the button mind.
So where do they fit the button?