Premium Diesel V Standard Diesel

The place to discuss everything else..
Graeme67

Post by Graeme67 »

Sorry to bring this up, The old which is best but is there any advantages of using ''Premium'' Diesel as opposed to normal Diesel in the 1.5 engine, It's Just that i got to reading in the forums about the Diesel engine regen's and rising oil levels due to incomplete regens... wondered if the premium fuel would help in any way, Lower soot possibly which may help the DPF, My previous car was a 2005 Skoda TDI so didnt have a DPF but after reading about some of the situations members on here have experienced it's got me a little concerned, Im even checking the oil level every couple of days im that paranoid :D :D
2017 CX 3 1.5 Diesel Sport Nav

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I regularly buy BP Ultimate premium diesel in the belief that the extra additives it contains will keep the injectors and other engine components cleaner than if I used standard diesel. I haven't got any proof that this is the case though.

My car gets an oil & filter change once every 12 months. It gets genuine Mazda engine oil (ACEA C3 low soot specification). To date, the dipstick level has never gone too high & the DPF warning light has never come on (I've probably jinxed it now :roll: )
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Graeme67

Post by Graeme67 »

It's one of those discussions thats been doing the rounds ever since these fuels came out, Which is best, A or B, I dont use supermarket fuel which i know is supposed to be the same as the ''big'' brands but i noticed a difference years ago with it. The premium stuff is about 10p a litre more than standard Diesel round here but if it helps it's got to be worth it.
2017 CX 3 1.5 Diesel Sport Nav
Andyl

Post by Andyl »

Doesn’t seem to increase economy by much. My friend put premium in his Mazda 3 by mistake. The result apart from a much bigger bill? 0.3 mpg increase😳
2015 Dynamic Blue 2 litre petrol Sport Nav. 2007 2.0 L Sport MX5 in True Red.