tips

The place to discuss everything else..
Beachman

Post by Beachman »

as we have some more members,
I thought it would be good to pass on any tips to them.
to start the ball rolling here are three.
when washing car don't forget the rear door inside lip as it collects dirt, ( mazda take note )
always open all doors to allow them to drian
if poss park with handbrake off to stop sticking.
looking forward to your tips
Se-l nav auto dynamic blue petrol

tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Oh dear! Last car was a Renault Captur, now THAT
had dirt within doors problem!!! ☺
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
Simon DW

Post by Simon DW »

My tip is be very careful if you dust the dash whilst the Heads Up screen is up (not proper title i'm sure), very easy to catch it and expensive to replace.

Also be careful not to catch the milage/computer reset buttons, they stick out quite a long way and again easy to catch!

Simon.
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Side windows are quite high up so that you need extra caution navigating around high kerbs as in some carparks! Unless you've got an extending neck!!!!! :shock:
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

When cleaning windows, wipe the outside vertical and the inside horizontal. That way if you see any smears you will know what side needs attention.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
Mazzy

Post by Mazzy »

The cleaning stuff is pretty much common sense, though I had not heard about the window trick before.
What about tips in relation to tech type stuff like auto closing of wing mirrors, trip computers and sat nav Etc.

EG I didnt realise for a long time that my Brera windows would not close unless I parked in gear!
2015 soul red CX3, sport nav auto petrol
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Watch the reversing sensors - there's a delay as you get closer to objects with a sudden realisation that you are extremely close! I've got a reversing camera which does help!!
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

When forward "SLOT PARKING" use the bottom of your wing mirors as a guide to determine the available distance remaining ,front air splitter to curb top.

The available space needs to be predetermined. Get help!

Somers CX 3 Soul red, Auto.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Plan "B"
Use the wing mirors of the vehicle parrelel parked next to you as a guide assuming he has not hit the wall or the curb.
Always alow for the diferential between the two relative car sizes.

Somers CX3
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Handy Andy
Your idea of direction change makes good sense thanks.
May I surgest Andy that owners only use a damp single layer chamois leather for cleaning window glass , if you get the technique correct you can make the glass screem.

I have found that the Chamois leather will strip wax if used on paint work , I use a micro cloth and a wet vac on blow cycle with the crevis tool to blow a water in a downward direction. Good for blowing water away from doors and door jams and door handles etc. .