tips

The place to discuss everything else..
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Mazzy
Your vehicle can be auto programed to retract wing mirors when locking doors.

let me get back to you on that one.
Somers CX3

SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Did you know that your off side wing miror is convex there by giving wider visibility.
Somers CX3
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Mazzy

Depending on weather your vehicle is type "A" or "B" .

Go to page 3-31 & 3-32 in your owners manual.

Some CX3 vehicles are equipt to automaticly turning wing mirors inward when locking doors an restore mirors outwards when opening doors using the key fob or the front side door button .

I would gladly assist you but, I need to know if you car is a A or B .

Note :- the type of mirror adjust knob or device drivers side and call the shots.
Somers CX3
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE
There must be hundreds of people who jump in their cars start the thing up put it into drive and go with out fully understanding the mysteries of the CX3 automatic gear box and it relative controls.

There are some warnings if not adheared to can spell disaster.
For those who are interested , may I recomend that you draw your attension to the owners manual pages 4-43 to 4-54
It is amazing how the CX3 has three ways of shifting gears each method idealy suited to the pending road ahead.

Automatic
Manual
Paddle shifters
Last edited by SOMERS on Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

EATING CROW
On sunday Oct 21 /18 at1:17 pm
I wrote an article on "slot parking" which looked good on paper, now I would like to retract that article because the method I mentioned by using the lower portion of the wing mirors is not practicle .

To save face , I am going to try that trick again this time by reversing into a slot parking space.

" I will be back ".

" I try so hard in every thing i do,the more I do only magnifies my failures."
The secret to old age is "keep on trucking".
Retirement : Work in the morning play in the afternoon.

CX3 The red Planet.
Last edited by SOMERS on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

If you find your self constantly adjusting your drivers seat positioning looking for that sweet spot, dont forget to adjust all rear view mirors to suit.

Your legs should have feeedom of movement to activate the brake pedal, don't cramp your self beyond your ability to slam on the brake, your knees should be back far enough so as to not touch the steering column there by providing fast an efficient means of escape .

On long trips always adjust your seat positioing and take ocasional breaks to restore blood circulation.

NEVER drive with your shoes off.

CX3 . Soul red Auto
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

SOMERS wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:12 pm Mazzy

Somers CX3
MAZZY
REFER TO: The inner of the two switchs on the drivers door arm rest.
Set the 3 way rocker switch to the center position "AUTO" your door mirors will retract when you lock the car , unlocking the doors the" mirors" will return to your preset driving settings.
Last edited by SOMERS on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

SOMERS wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:26 pm
SOMERS wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:12 pm Mazzy

Somers CX3
MAZZY
There is the inner of the two switchs on the drivers door arm rest.
Set the 3 way rocker switch to the center position "AUTO".
Somers CX3 soul red AUTO
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

SOMERS wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:25 pm AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE
There must be hundreds of people who jump in their cars start the thing up put it into drive and go with out fully understanding the mysteries of the CX3 automatic gear box and it relative controls.

There are some warnings if not adheared to can spell disaster.
For those who are interested , may I recomend that you draw your attension to the owners manual pages 4-43 to 4-54
It is amazing how the CX3 has three ways of shifting gears, each method is idealy suited to the road ahead.

Automatic
Manual
Paddle shifters

MANUAL SHIFT
To keep it simple , while driving move the gear leaver over towards the driver this position is the "M" position.

"A" Select lower gears by clicking the gear control leaver forward in numerical order.
"B" Select the higher gears by clicking the gear control leaver to the rear in numerical order.

The selected gear position # will appear on the dash board .
You must be constantly aware of the gear you have selected.

To revert back to AUTOMATIC move control gear leaver back over to its origional vertical position.
Last edited by SOMERS on Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

PADDLE SHIFTERS.
Atached to either side of your steering column is the standard turn signal wand and the standard wind shield wiper wand.

In adition there are two other wands which are attached to the steering wheel base, these are electrical gear shift switches fashioned in a shape of what has become to be known in exocic car circles as "paddle shifters" these electrical switch shifters provide gear changing with out removing hands from the steering wheel .

Click the left paddle towards you to select a lower gear or click the right paddle towards you to select a higher gear, this will only occur if the vehicle speed and gear box ratio deems that your gear selection practical.

In other words you can not select 6 th gear while driving in third gear at a speed where 3 rd gear is the better option.

As a bonus regardless which gear system you are driving, you can ,over ride those option using the convenience of the paddles with out damage to the transmission.

Note :- The primary function of the CX3 transmission is 6 gear Automatic mode.