Zoom Zoom magazine.

The place to discuss everything else..
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

What do you think of Mazda's magazine? Is it entertaining and informative or a waste of resources?
My copy usually gets no more than a quick scan through before going into the paper recycling bin.
I would not miss it if Mazda discontinued it.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.

GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Zoylander, if you're asking for opinions, then I find Mazda's quarterly magazine quite interesting actually.

For those that haven't yet read it, the latest edition features a layman's overview of Mazda's revolutionary Skyactive-X 'diesel-sort-of-petrol' combustion engine. It sounds brilliant. I like the fact that Mazda are (more or less) promising to kick 'tree-huggers' in the teeth by pushing this magnificent feat of engineering wizardry to the forefront - rather than waste their time building electric cars that are powered by coal and gas (from coal and gas fired power stations). It just makes sense.

Oh . . . . and the pretty Scottish lass on page 34 is quite nice too!
Oh . . . . and the shots of Mazda's 'Vision Coupe (page 5 & 11) are awesome.

I like it. Keep it up.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

30 second flick through then into recycling.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I don't eagerly await it, but I do read it, and it's free.
How would you like it improved zoylander?
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

jtonline wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:34 pm I don't eagerly await it, but I do read it, and it's free.
How would you like it improved zoylander?
I don't see the need for a magazine of this sort at all, so I am not interested in improving it. What interests me is what others think about it.

I would prefer the magazine to be discontinued and the resources put towards more practical uses, such as offering a more generous warranty. Three years is hardly class leading these days, and an increase to at least five years would generate more positive publicity for Mazda than any number of glossy magazines.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

In 2011 Mazda said Zoom-Zoom magazine, published on behalf of Mazda Motors UK by Redwood, had been voted 'Best Automotive Title' for a second year at the annual APA International Content Marketing Awards. The awards are regarded as 'The Oscars' of the branded editorial marketing world and recognise effectiveness and creativity in the customer publishing industry. Back then it was reported that the magazine was distributed to 75,000 Mazda customers in the UK and more than 1.5 million worldwide. It's also available online.

The COO of APA said the magazine demonstrated a strong return on investment and effectiveness.

I don't think it's very likely that Mazda will discontinue it, but those UK customers that don't want it can opt out of communications from Mazda Motors UK by calling 03457 48 48 48 or by emailing mmukassistance@mazdaeur.com
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Maybe put it on-line?
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

tyrfelin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:15 pm Maybe put it on-line?
You read my thoughts. Must be expensive to produce on that quality paper / card. It seems it is tending to be more of a fashion / food mag with a mere sprinkling of car stuff. The 6 page article on Glasgow had two small paragraphs mentioning the Mazda 2 GT and a one page photo. If it were stopped I'd never miss it.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016