Why so little choice?

The place to discuss everything else..
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

...Mazda Research Europe (MRE) was founded in 1990 and is located in Oberursel, Germany. It is Mazda’s product development arm and provides Mazda’s parent company in Japan with important information about European market trends and technologies...

...MRE’s mission is to develop unique products, ideally suited to each European market. There are currently around 100 employees in the 75,000 square meters facility, which is housing offices, workshops and design studios. Designers, Engineers and Technicians are analysing technological trends as well as European tastes and driving habits, in order to create products and services that take a wide variety of client points of view into consideration...

So perhaps it's their fault (or partly their fault) that we get no sunroof, auto locking doors, petrol AWD autos etc., etc?
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Those MRE employees have a lot to answer. Perhaps with an average 750 sq metres each they are too far apart and aren't talking to each other properly in order to summarise these trends :) I wonder if they ever visit the various European countries to ask questions of dealers about potential customer purchase questions etc? There's a lot they have to answer with the lack of options which a number of owners in this forum have raised as annoying omissions.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Mazda have their hands tied to some extent with import restrictions and taxes. I’m just not always sure they pick the right specifications to sell.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

anchorman wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:49 pm Mazda have their hands tied to some extent with import restrictions and taxes. I’m just not always sure they pick the right specifications to sell.
Call this a zany suggestion, but they could maybe ask their customers? :roll:
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

zoylander wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:52 pm Neither Mazda UK nor the supplying dealer has ever asked me for feedback, either by questionnaire or informally.

I have visited the dealership twice since taking delivery of the car, once for the first service when a faulty A/C condenser was discovered, and again to have it replaced under warranty. No-one asked how I was getting on with the car or what I thought of it, but I am sure they will contact me when they want to sell me a replacement.

It was to share experiences of owning a CX-3 in the real world that I joined this forum. I have no doubt that it's content is regularly scrutinised by Mazda employees, some of whom may even be members, but whether they will act upon it remains to be seen.
I do not claim to be clairvoyant, but in today's post I received a personalised invitation to a Mazda Select Event to be held at my local dealership. The invitation even includes the promise of an unspecified financial contribution towards the next car purchased during the event, which takes place the weekend after next.

They must think that I have more money than sense. Change the car when it is barely half way through the warranty period? When the warranty expires I am more likely to extend it than buy a new car. I normally keep my cars for 7 or 8 years, buying the new one for cash and then selling the old car privately.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I think i might have found a possible candidate for my second car - Lexus NX - F Sport hybrid. The only thing is the auto is a CVT so will have to see how it drives.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

zoylander wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:18 pm
zoylander wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:52 pm Neither Mazda UK nor the supplying dealer has ever asked me for feedback, either by questionnaire or informally.

I have visited the dealership twice since taking delivery of the car, once for the first service when a faulty A/C condenser was discovered, and again to have it replaced under warranty. No-one asked how I was getting on with the car or what I thought of it, but I am sure they will contact me when they want to sell me a replacement.

It was to share experiences of owning a CX-3 in the real world that I joined this forum. I have no doubt that it's content is regularly scrutinised by Mazda employees, some of whom may even be members, but whether they will act upon it remains to be seen.
I do not claim to be clairvoyant, but in today's post I received a personalised invitation to a Mazda Select Event to be held at my local dealership. The invitation even includes the promise of an unspecified financial contribution towards the next car purchased during the event, which takes place the weekend after next.

They must think that I have more money than sense. Change the car when it is barely half way through the warranty period? When the warranty expires I am more likely to extend it than buy a new car. I normally keep my cars for 7 or 8 years, buying the new one for cash and then selling the old car privately.

I've received in the post today an invite to the Mazda VIP event being held at my local dealership. Entry by VIP security pass for perusal and the potential drive away of a brand-new or approved used Mazda with both a dealer level discount and an additional manufacturer-authorised discount 8-) My car is less than 2 years old so I very much doubt if I will be taking up their offer.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

It’s marketing pish. They want you to think your special and you are when you cough up for a new car!!
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Gus

Post by Gus »

anchorman wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:37 am It’s marketing pish. They want you to think your special and you are when you cough up for a new car!!
So cynical sir :lol:
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

Before I settled on the CX3 I drove a few others. Possibly the worst car I drove was a Honda HRV diesel automatic. It is a CVT (read DAF) and the most sluggish thing going. Everything else about it was quite decent, but looking for a mile of free road before pulling out of a T junction was incredibly tedious. So beware of anything with that dreaded CVT!!!
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.