RoadHawk Vision Dashcam 34% off till end of March 2018

The place to discuss everything else..
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Quote from 'PetrolPrices.com

>>>

Save 34% off the RoadHawk Vision Dash Cam!

Dash cams provide irrefutable evidence in the event of an accident or fraudulent cash-for-crash claims. With over a decade of experience, RoadHawk dash cams are trusted by thousands of drivers worldwide.

Enter the exclusive discount code PPMARCH at the checkout to receive this special price, £99 down from £149.95.

Offer only valid for online orders at RoadHawk.co.uk.Valid until 31/03/18

[url] https://www.roadhawk.co.uk/roadhawk-vis ... icesmarch/ [url]
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Just read 'we only recommend Micro SD cards purchased via RoadHawk.co.uk' and then want to charge nearly £80 for a 128GB card!
Sandisk cards are less than £40 for that size.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

From recollection, a number of dash cam manufacturers and users don't seem to recommend Sandisk cards. I've got a Thinkware F50 basic dash cam and they only recommend their "own branded" expensive card :( However, I must admit that I've had no problems with it whatsover in over a year, not even had to format it which I understand is rare with other makes of dash cam. So perhaps some manufacturers do tailor their dash cam to a particular brand of card?
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

A reviewer on Amazon said he was recommended by RoadHawk to use Lexar 1000 cards... Although there does seem to be a problem with the cam and diesel vehicles - it'll switch on with the ignition awaiting the glow plugs to reach temp, but then switch off when the engine is started! Perhaps not the best???
Annoyingly I read reviews by various 'experts' (Honest John and others) and they seemed to like it... But varied reviews by customers on Amazon! :oops:
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I installed the Thinkware F770 front & rear dashcam, which came with 32GB SD card. I got it when it was on offer at an Amazon seller.

A lot of dashcams can be fussy about memory cards and also the max storage capacity they'll accept. Some cards just don't work (even reputable makes) and others may initially work but fail prematurely because of the constant writing by the camera. Then again, other often quite reasonably priced cams seem quite happy to work with whatever memory card you throw at them!

It pays to do a bit of research on the web, and compare things like image quality, bitrate, mounting, ease of use, hardwire capability etc., before parting with any cash.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

jtonline wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:59 pm It pays to do a bit of research on the web, and compare things like image quality, bitrate, mounting, ease of use, hardwire capability etc., before parting with any cash.
I'm usually the first to tell people to research absolutely everything before parting with their cash JT, I did the usual Google for 'Roadhawk Dashcam reviews' and it was well recieved by various 'experts' although there was some irregularities as to what was included ie, is it an 8G or a 64G card? some said it came with just a sticky pad for securing, some said both a pad AND suction cup?!? but all said the quality of video was one of the best so I thought I'd share with everyone here the discount if anyone was interested.

As you state - It pays to do a bit of research on the web......
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Never had an issue with Sandisk cards personally. Would take them over an unbranded any day.
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

rockposer wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:01 am Never had an issue with Sandisk cards personally. Would take them over an unbranded any day.
Agreed.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I’m using a DDPai M6 Plus in the front which explicitly prohibits the use of Sandisk cards and a Viafo A119 in the rear that recommends Lexar cards. There is a YouTube video somewhere that explains why. I was using Sandisk in my old dashcams which seemed to work OK but they did hang frequently.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

AndyRen wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:21 am...I'm usually the first to tell people to research absolutely everything before parting with their cash JT, I did the usual Google for 'Roadhawk Dashcam reviews' and it was well recieved by various 'experts'...

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you hadn't researched, it was a comment made for anyone considering a dashcam really. There are some reviewers that have published side-by-side video footage comparisons of a few different models, which I found useful. 34% off the RoadHawk is a good saving.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd