Repair Shop

The place to discuss everything else..
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Anyone watch 'The Repair Shop's BBC2 6.30pm every evening??

What great TV! Think this is series 3 now and on show 13 of 15 as of tonight (28 March). The expertise of the people involved and the pleasure, joy and renewed memories these guys bring to their customers makes this the best thing on TV by a long shot.
I personally love a bit of restoration and always seem to be fixing a somebody's lawn mower/chair/hoover/food mixer/chest of drawers etc, I hate to see things chucked away when a bit of tlc can restore them to working condition. :D
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Yes its great TV. I also enjoy watching Drew Pritchard roaming the country looking for nice pieces to restore.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

We also love a drop of Drew.
His car restoration series (Quest?) didn't seem to last long???
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

No, I think Car SOS put paid to it.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

Brilliant programme - fascinating to see what’s involved in the various restorations they perform
CX-3 Sport Nav+, Soul Red Crystal, 2.0 Petrol, Automatic, Safety Pack.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

AndyRen wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:15 pm Anyone watch 'The Repair Shop's BBC2 6.30pm every evening??

What great TV! Think this is series 3 now and on show 13 of 15 as of tonight (28 March). The expertise of the people involved and the pleasure, joy and renewed memories these guys bring to their customers makes this the best thing on TV by a long shot.
I personally love a bit of restoration and always seem to be fixing a somebody's lawn mower/chair/hoover/food mixer/chest of drawers etc, I hate to see things chucked away when a bit of tlc can restore them to working condition. :D
My wife and I appeared in Episode 9 which aired on Thursday 22 March, with our 300 year old desk which is the oldest item ever to feature on the show. Everyone was very kind and patient during the filming process, and we enjoyed the whole experience immensely.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

zoylander wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:21 pm My wife and I appeared in Episode 9 which aired on Thursday 22 March, with our 300 year old desk which is the oldest item ever to feature on the show. Everyone was very kind and patient during the filming process, and we enjoyed the whole experience immensely.
And what a wonderful job Will did too! I keep thinking to myself that he's far too young to know all the nuance's of his craft... But he seems to manage :lol: