Just a thought.

The place to discuss everything else..
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Had a nice day out today to Camber Sands with my wife and dog. Spotted a couple of CX-3's and tried a wave but no response. I remember many years ago when I was driving the old V4 Saabs what a friendly bunch they were. In those days we used to meet up at a different pub once every couple of months around the South East for a "natter n noggin".
I was wondering as the CX-3 is a bit of a connoisseur's choice for the select few whether any members fancied a meet up at a pub somewhere.
I am on the Kent / East Sussex border so the choice is wide open. I suppose it depends where the members live.

What do you think about it?

Maybe if all areas of the UK gave it a try and it took off, we might one day arrange a National meet for a weekend at a Country Hotel in the centre of the UK once a year.

Andy.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Or Beaulieu Motor Museum like alot of the clubs & owners do?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Kent/East Sussex border sounds ok to me - used to do similar with a few like minded VW guys and attend GTi International.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

AndyRen wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:08 pm Kent/East Sussex border sounds ok to me - used to do similar with a few like minded VW guys and attend GTi International.
Small pub then :D
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Lay-by and a flask????? :roll:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Just bow down to me!!! ☺
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Handy Andy wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:37 pm ...... Maybe if all areas of the UK gave it a try and it took off, we might one day arrange a National meet for a weekend at a Country Hotel in the centre of the UK once a year.

Andy.
Andy,

Good idea. However, you might want to rethink the possible national meet location. According to the Ordnance Survey, the geographical centroid (the centroid is the point at which a cardboard cut-out of the area could be perfectly balanced on the tip of a pencil) location of the UK is a position "in the middle of Morecambe Bay", approximately 1.5 miles (2.4 km) off the coast at Moreambe, Lancashire :shock: :shock: :lol:

They also give these spots measured by the same way for :-

GB including the islands - Whitendale Hanging Stones, near Brennand Farm, outside Dunsop Bridge, Lancashire in the Forest of Bowland

GB excluding the islands (other than Britain itself lol) - A field south of Calderstones Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, near Whalley, Lancashire
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:25 pm
Handy Andy wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:37 pm ...... Maybe if all areas of the UK gave it a try and it took off, we might one day arrange a National meet for a weekend at a Country Hotel in the centre of the UK once a year.

Andy.
Andy,

Good idea. However, you might want to rethink the possible national meet location. According to the Ordnance Survey, the geographical centroid (the centroid is the point at which a cardboard cut-out of the area could be perfectly balanced on the tip of a pencil) location of the UK is a position "in the middle of Morecambe Bay", approximately 1.5 miles (2.4 km) off the coast at Moreambe, Lancashire :shock: :shock: :lol:

They also give these spots measured by the same way for :-

GB including the islands - Whitendale Hanging Stones, near Brennand Farm, outside Dunsop Bridge, Lancashire in the Forest of Bowland

GB excluding the islands (other than Britain itself lol) - A field south of Calderstones Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, near Whalley, Lancashire
You clearly have too much time on your hands :lol: :lol: :lol:
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Retirement and Wiki have a lot to answer for :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016