Just Ordered a .........

The place to discuss everything else..
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Skoda Karoq - not sure whether the keep the CX-3 as well or not - but I have until October to make up my mind.
Decisions, decisions :(
Car sold - but still following Mazda.

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Not happy with your CX3 or other reasons...
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

Oooh very nice

Keep both :D
CX-3 Sport Nav+, Soul Red Crystal, 2.0 Petrol, Automatic, Safety Pack.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

MJC1216 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:21 am Not happy with your CX3 or other reasons...
The whole situation has been a bit of a conundrum. I fully realised that the boot is small when I bought, and that was fine, but life brings changes and I need something a bit bigger. The Karoq is only 4 inches longer than the CX-3 but the bonnet is a lot shorter hence the available space for luggage is nearly double that of the CX-3.

The big problem is I really love the CX-3, both in style and driving. It stands out in both areas where the Karoq doesn't. Hence my reluctance to part with the CX-3. It all depends if I can afford to keep both.
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Handy Andy wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:10 am Skoda Karoq - not sure whether the keep the CX-3 as well or not - but I have until October to make up my mind.
Very nice, I’ve been hovering over a SE-L and I’m very tempted for all the reasons you give
They are so smooth and fully loaded with all the things I’ve come to expect with my CX-3
Despite the 16 week wait for one it’s still too soon and I’ve been so disappointed with my valuations, the best price for selling today is only £14,300, so God knows what I’ll get in October
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Peter55 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:03 pm
Handy Andy wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:10 am Skoda Karoq - not sure whether the keep the CX-3 as well or not - but I have until October to make up my mind.
Very nice, I’ve been hovering over a SE-L and I’m very tempted for all the reasons you give
They are so smooth and fully loaded with all the things I’ve come to expect with my CX-3
Despite the 16 week wait for one it’s still too soon and I’ve been so disappointed with my valuations, the best price for selling today is only £14,300, so God knows what I’ll get in October
Skoda, like many manufacturers have a summer shutdown for re-tooling and maintenance, so I lose June before I start. Hence October ish. If I wish to trade in the CX-3 the dealer has a predicted delivery timeframe for the Karoq and the trade in price is based around that delivery time. It is doubtful that it would arrive sooner as they have a large order book backlog. If delivery is delayed this is a risk on the dealer as the trade in price is locked within the contract to purchase.
The other issue is, I believe from the end of June 2018 all petrol enginges must be fitted with a GPF (Gasoline Particulate Filter) this is from the WLTP (Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehiche Test procedure). The problem that has been facing manufacturers is that in the past they only had to certify a particular engine once for approval then they could roll it out into all models. Now the same enginge used in many models needs to be certified for that particular model. On top of this each version of that model needs to be certified separately. So for the CX-3 the 120 hp engine is used in the SE, SE-Nav, Sports Nav and GT. So four certifications plus any other models it is used in.
This is a huge headache and must in time reflect on higher prices for buyers to pay for all this extra work.
One of the reasons is that modern petrol engines offer better fuel consumption than older ones as most now use direct injection. The downside with direct injection is particulate emissions, which traditional indirect fuel injection petrol engines don’t produce. It also means a loss in a few h.p.
More reasons for re-tooling.

@Peter55 - what age is your CX-3?
santa

Post by santa »

Handy Andy wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:24 pm
Skoda, like many manufacturers have a summer shutdown for re-tooling and maintenance, so I lose June before I start. Hence October ish. If I wish to trade in the CX-3 the dealer has a predicted delivery timeframe for the Karoq and the trade in price is based around that delivery time. It is doubtful that it would arrive sooner as they have a large order book backlog. If delivery is delayed this is a risk on the dealer as the trade in price is locked within the contract to purchase.
The other issue is, I believe from the end of June 2018 all petrol enginges must be fitted with a GPF (Gasoline Particulate Filter) this is from the WLTP (Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehiche Test procedure). The problem that has been facing manufacturers is that in the past they only had to certify a particular engine once for approval then they could roll it out into all models. Now the same enginge used in many models needs to be certified for that particular model. On top of this each version of that model needs to be certified separately. So for the CX-3 the 120 hp engine is used in the SE, SE-Nav, Sports Nav and GT. So four certifications plus any other models it is used in.
This is a huge headache and must in time reflect on higher prices for buyers to pay for all this extra work.
One of the reasons is that modern petrol engines offer better fuel consumption than older ones as most now use direct injection. The downside with direct injection is particulate emissions, which traditional indirect fuel injection petrol engines don’t produce. It also means a loss in a few h.p.
More reasons for re-tooling.

From what I've read about the updated CX-3, Mazda has improved the Skyactiv-G engine to comply with Euro 6d without having to add a particulate filter (unlike many of the other manufactures), if they still need to certify every single model (even with the same engine), I don't know.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Skoda, like many manufacturers have a summer shutdown for re-tooling and maintenance, so I lose June before I start. Hence October ish. If I wish to trade in the CX-3 the dealer has a predicted delivery timeframe for the Karoq and the trade in price is based around that delivery time. It is doubtful that it would arrive sooner as they have a large order book backlog. If delivery is delayed this is a risk on the dealer as the trade in price is locked within the contract to purchase

Hi

Mine’s only 2 years old last month, a dealer offered me £13500 for it for delivery in Sept/Oct and online sites hightest price is £14300 now
Hadn’t planned to swap until next year, so I might wait until summer and try again for March delivery

The Karoq is definitely the one
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Peter55 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Skoda, like many manufacturers have a summer shutdown for re-tooling and maintenance, so I lose June before I start. Hence October ish. If I wish to trade in the CX-3 the dealer has a predicted delivery timeframe for the Karoq and the trade in price is based around that delivery time. It is doubtful that it would arrive sooner as they have a large order book backlog. If delivery is delayed this is a risk on the dealer as the trade in price is locked within the contract to purchase

Hi

Mine’s only 2 years old last month, a dealer offered me £13500 for it for delivery in Sept/Oct and online sites hightest price is £14300 now
Hadn’t planned to swap until next year, so I might wait until summer and try again for March delivery

The Karoq is definitely the one
That's not bad - mine will be eleven months old in October - price circa £18,000 (that's the Sport Nav Auto with leather pack, safety pack and spare wheel)
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Oh dear! VW engines!!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White