New motoring offence from the 29th June 2018

The place to discuss everything else..
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Tests already exist but are voluntary, so the more irresponsible cyclists who cause trouble on the roads are unlikely to sign up for them.
The Cycling Proficiency Test which many schools used to operate has been superseded by the Bikeability scheme, which has three levels of testing. If this was made compulsory in schools, standards of cycling might gradually improve.
If you want change, you must start with the young.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.

stew.pan

Post by stew.pan »

I am a ( now and again) cyclist, Regular motorcyclist and car driver, i see them all, lorrys, HGV's, PSV's, car, motorbike, cyclist, runners etc etc doing the most stupid of things on the road. I believe that the standard of driving/riding etc is poor compared to not many years ago. I am 65 years old but i am not an old fart fart living in the past! All it takes is common sense and courtesy by everyone. I am not daft, i know it will not happen.
However i am willing to pay insurance for when i am out on my push bike, this will not suit a lot of folk but i believe it should be compulsory, (same with helmets) how it will be applied and to who (kid's?) i don't know. I should imagine it to be a can of worms. Zoylander mentioned the Cycling Proficiency Scheme, I well remember a police constable taking the course in a side street at the back of my school when i was 7 or 8 yrs old and remember it all, even today! We need to get back to grass roots again. Well thats my opinion for what it is worth.