One new car sale lost - Is this now the norm?

The place to discuss everything else..
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Handy Andy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:27 pm This is a matter of principle. I have no objections to checks being made, what I do (or my wife) object to is personal information being retained when it is no longer required. This is completely against one of the fundamental principles of GDPR. It is a protection put in law to protect the individual. Having this information kept as a photocopy is not in my opinion very secure. That's how identity theft happens.
Did they say they would keep it beyond the test drive or are you assuming that?

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

To be honest we didn't get that far. We were so taken a back by their tone of take it or leave it, we left.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Try another dealer and let us know how you get on.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

What were you looking to buy & who were the dealers?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I think it unfair to name the dealer when they are not in this thread to put their side.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I don't understand the problem. Just provide them with a check code. Everybody asks for it nowadays if you want to test drive or hire a car.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Can you get one for the old green paper licences? My wife doesn't have a photo type one.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Handy Andy wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:42 am Can you get one for the old green paper licences? My wife doesn't have a photo type one.
I don't see any reason why not, if it is still valid. Easiest way to find out is go on line and try it. It doesn't cost anything.
https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

my last car dealer has never asked me for my driving licence over the past 20 years he has known me. just a shame I have had to leave his franchise for Mazda as I got fed up buying the new rubbish he used to sell me and at the end of the day you need to realise that things will only get worse
my new Mazda dealer is not a patch on my old one so will have to watch out for being conned at some point. I probably have been conned already as I ordered a set of mats for my new car and paid 50 pounds. I've just been told by Mazda that there only 40 pounds so you see you have to keep your wits about you with these large multi-franchise -business
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

So-as you can see from this site-the CX3 is a fab car--why not buy one without a test drive?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018