Quick off the mark

The place to discuss everything else..
WayneE

Post by WayneE »

Hi All , I am due to pick up my CX-3 on the 1st march, which I am looking forward to.
However I have one question , generally speaking what do owners think of the 120BHP engine , is it quick enough and is it sluggish up hills as I have read on a few reviews.

It would be interesting to hear the views of all you CX-3 owners out there , if you dont mind.

Just to point out , I live in the Coventry area and generally speaking I would not class this area as hilly.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

WayneE
CX-3 Sport -Nav , Snowflake white, 120 BHP.

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Plenty of power and very torqey and picks up speed even from 2000rpm.

In fact it's better than I thought it would be.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

It is not a hot hatch and you can always find a car that is a bit quicker. However it is a 2 litre engine which is bigger than most small SUVs. The 2 litre engine takes hills in it's stride and is more than adequate. The Mazda engines love to be revved and the car handles a dream, so you can have fun when you want to do some 'spirited' driving. Don't worry, you will love it.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

I can only second what MJC1216 and Strangeways have already said, I love how it goes whe you give it it's head
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
WayneE

Post by WayneE »

Hi All ,

You have made my day , lol.

What about MPG , I drive from Nuneaton to Warwick most days on a motorway / A roads .

What would be a realistic MPG figure ?

Thank you

Kind regards
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

On that sort of daily commute i would think low 40's
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

I find it hard to better 40 / 45 on a similar commute
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
WayneE

Post by WayneE »

Thanks Turbo , much appreciated.

I am happy with 40 ish for the MPG.

I think the Cx-3 is a great looking car / suv though , I only saw one by chance two weeks ago and I was hooked !!
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

If you're not heavy footed you may be able to attain 50+ mpg.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

15 miles in start stop works traffic each day returns 40mpg ish. our mazda2 1.5 was only better by 2-3 mpg ,
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020