And today's thought is...

The place to discuss everything else..
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

Why do car retailers think it is OK to put their name on my number plates?
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

LOL, they used to put stickers on the inside of the rear window, but people, (understandably) took them off :)

By law, the plates must have the name or trade mark of the manufacturer or component supplier of the plate, together with the trading name and postcode of the supplying outlet as registered on the Register of Number Plate Suppliers at the DVLA. However, I don't think logos, images (other than EU symbol and national flag), telephone numbers and websites can be displayed on a road legal plate. Perhaps they can get around that by extending the bottom edge of the plate and printing their advertising on that extra bit.

They should pay you for advertising.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

Strange Laws we have. I cannot imagine why a reseller's name and post-code has to be displayed. I wouldn't expect Cussys' name - ('orrible people to do business with') - to be plastered all over my OLEDs.

Any how I have just put a Dymo label over it. " Why you putta your name ona ma car?"
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

The plate manufactures name post code and the BS spec has to be on the plate to avoid criminals making up dummy plates, as proof of ownership has to be supplied to the plate supplier it makes it traceable. However they are not required to put their name on the plate as they do in big letters as a means of advertising.
I have actually asked a Dealership how much are they going to pay me for advertising there garage, as I object to it like you i had my own made up with the just the legal requirements which are very discreetly placed on the bottom corner and not noticeable.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

I have no objection to the supplying dealer's details appearing on my number plates, or on the sticker in the rear window, but I did object to the presence of the EU symbol on the number plates. A couple of self adhesive Union flags soon obliterated that badge of shame.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Dangerdave

Post by Dangerdave »

I’ve got them on my new car. I am going to get the Dremell out and cut them off.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Dangerdave you have a good name for what I am going to suggest.....can you take your dremell and remove that annoying gentlemans teeth that keeps shouting in his loudspeaker when MP's are being interviewed outside the house. 😂
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019