mazda CX30

The place to discuss everything else..
steve67

Post by steve67 »

ptirving wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:57 pm I believe the CX30 is a 'jackedup' 2019 Mazda 3

Just traded in a 2017 CX3 GT Sport for the new 3

I now have
Cylinder deactivation
24v mild hybrid
Golf/A Class Merc quality inside
Voice recognition that works
MZD/sat nav that loads up quickly
Driver attention alert
Proper heads up in the screen
Lane departure warning and lane keep assist
Adaptive radar cruise
rear cross traffic alert
front brake assist
blind spot monitor
Adaptive LEDs
may have missed something and yes I know some of this comes as part of a pack on the CX3.and the cx30 is some £1500 more than the 3

Im a very happy bunny, especially considering the way the money stacked up. Don Corleone etc
My son bought the new 3 in September, its miles ahead of the cx3, the engine, the ride, the tech and the comfort, i'm waiting to look at the cx30 when its released, i've been told by the owner of the local dealership its due to land early December . hopefully santa will deliver :)
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020

santa

Post by santa »

steve67 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:03 am My son bought the new 3 in September, its miles ahead of the cx3, the engine, the ride, the tech and the comfort, i'm waiting to look at the cx30 when its released, i've been told by the owner of the local dealership its due to land early December .
I totally agree as I also wrote earlier in the thread :)
Even though the current CX-3 is improved compared to the original from 2015/16 it's still way behind the CX-30.
Hopefully a new CX-3, when it's time for a complete update, will be closer to the CX-30 and 3 in terms of quiality.
And I still think the CX-3 is a smashing car :)

steve67 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:03 am ...hopefully santa will deliver :)
I can'tpromise anything ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

well.... i have a deal on the table for the CX30 GT SPORT in soul red, so lets see what it looks like in the flesh and if its worth it when the demo arrives. next week.. :)
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Let's hope it looks better in the flesh as all that black plastic cladding along the side looks awful in the pictures.
Habu

Post by Habu »

Dealers should be getting their CX-30s within the next week. I’m not off on leave until Friday 20 December so I’ve organised a test drive on the Saturday. I’m trying the Skyactiv G auto and the X as a manual. I’ll be interested to see how the 122bhp auto performs (or not perform) as it would be an auto we’d go for.
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Habu wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:51 pm Dealers should be getting their CX-30s within the next week. I’m not off on leave until Friday 20 December so I’ve organised a test drive on the Saturday. I’m trying the Skyactiv G auto and the X as a manual. I’ll be interested to see how the 122bhp auto performs (or not perform) as it would be an auto we’d go for.
Likewise... Trying both engine's... we're Looking at the GT sport.,.if it's as good as my son's new 3 it will be an early Christmas present...
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

santa wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:34 am
steve67 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:03 am My son bought the new 3 in September, its miles ahead of the cx3, the engine, the ride, the tech and the comfort, i'm waiting to look at the cx30 when its released, i've been told by the owner of the local dealership its due to land early December .
Even though the current CX-3 is improved compared to the original from 2015/16 it's still way behind the CX-30.
That’s a confident assertion - where did you see, touch and drive the CX30 to determine that?

Or is it supposition, based on internet ”fact” and pretty pictures?
santa

Post by santa »

CX3fan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:20 am
That’s a confident assertion - where did you see, touch and drive the CX30 to determine that?

I was at the Danish VIP premiere on 11th September, so I tested it that day - a Skyactiv-G 122hp automatic in Cosmo (top spec).
I sat in both the 122 Sky-G and the diesel, unfortuntately the Sky-X wasn't availiable at that time and I haven't had a chance to try that one out yet.
So I have first hand experience ;)
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

santa wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:25 pm
CX3fan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:20 am

I was at the Danish VIP premiere on 11th September, so I tested it that day - a Skyactiv-G 122hp automatic in Cosmo (top spec).
I sat in both the 122 Sky-G and the diesel, unfortuntately the Sky-X wasn't availiable at that time and I haven't had a chance to try that one out yet.
So I have first hand experience ;)

As for my take on the cx30.... Yes the pretty pictures and many reviews help but... Also talking to a chap who has driven all engines available in the cx30....
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

Good to read a real review :)