mazda CX30

The place to discuss everything else..
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Is now available to order :o 8-) I have yet to see it myself at this time but speaking to my dealer its the same as the cx3 with just a few cosmetic details that are different. it is roughly £5000 more expensive than what i have now for the same specification :shock:
what do guys think have i missed anything? will you be ordering one?
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition

BWJ

Post by BWJ »

It never gonna happen to me, love my rocket :D
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

fourbanks wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:13 pm Is now available to order :o 8-) I have yet to see it myself at this time but speaking to my dealer its the same as the cx3 with just a few cosmetic details that are different. it is roughly £5000 more expensive than what i have now for the same specification :shock:
I'm afraid your dealer representative needs to go back to Mazda school or check out the brochures! He basically knows nothing by the sounds of it. For example here are the comparisons of the CX-30 and CX-3 dimensions :-

Mazda CX-30

Length 4,395mm
Width 1,795mm
Height 1,540mm
Wheelbase 2,655mm
Luggage space (seats up) 430litres

Mazda CX-3

Length 4,275mm
Width 1,765mm
Height 1,535mm
Wheelbase 2,570mm
Luggage space (seats up) 350 litres

So it's length falls almost in the middle of the CX-3 and the CX-5. I'd hardly call that a few cosmetic changes.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:47 pm
fourbanks wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:13 pm Is now available to order :o 8-) I have yet to see it myself at this time but speaking to my dealer its the same as the cx3 with just a few cosmetic details that are different. it is roughly £5000 more expensive than what i have now for the same specification :shock:
I'm afraid your dealer representative needs to go back to Mazda school or check out the brochures! He basically knows nothing by the sounds of it. For example here are the comparisons of the CX-30 and CX-3 dimensions :-

Mazda CX-30

Length 4,395mm
Width 1,795mm
Height 1,540mm
Wheelbase 2,655mm
Luggage space (seats up) 430litres

Mazda CX-3

Length 4,275mm
Width 1,765mm
Height 1,535mm
Wheelbase 2,570mm
Luggage space (seats up) 350 litres

So it's length falls almost in the middle of the CX-3 and the CX-5. I'd hardly call that a few cosmetic changes.

santa

Post by santa »

I tried the CX-30 at the prelaunch here in Denmark and I have to say it's miles ahead of the CX-3.
It's build on the brand new 3 platform (though slightly shortened wheelbase compared to the 3), quality is much improved and so is sound proofing.
If I was about to change My CX-3 I would go for a CX-30.
And it looks much better in real life than on pictures 😉
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

For me there would appear to be no benefit to changing to the CX-30. I don't need a bigger car, although it says the CX-30 is still cramped in the back and has a small luggage space. The performance figures using the Skyactiv-G are worse than the CX-3 and I don't think with the mileage I do I could ever recoup the additional outlay with just the fuel savings. I'm sure there is an improvement in the comfort and noise over the earlier CX-3, but 2019 model with the new suspension, sound proofing, steering etc.. must make both models a similar drive.
Having said that it is worth looking at if you are considering replacing an older CX-3.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Strangways wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:57 am For me there would appear to be no benefit to changing to the CX-30. I don't need a bigger car, although it says the CX-30 is still cramped in the back and has a small luggage space. The performance figures using the Skyactiv-G are worse than the CX-3 and I don't think with the mileage I do I could ever recoup the additional outlay with just the fuel savings. I'm sure there is an improvement in the comfort and noise over the earlier CX-3, but 2019 model with the new suspension, sound proofing, steering etc.. must make both models a similar drive.
Having said that it is worth looking at if you are considering replacing an older CX-3.
Well stated. as you say its unlikley the car will drive any better than the 2019 cx3 as the suspension and engine are within reason the same. I will drive it soon and let you know but my dealer insists the drive is the same
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

And....? Doesn't it have the new Skyactiv-X engine?

And for those who like to learn what others are not doing.
I'm not going out tonight.
I won't be putting the rubbish out later.
I'm not decorating the lounge next week.
I won't be cleaning my car on this coming Friday or Saturday or Sunday.
I won't be getting a cat; enough neighbours have them.
I wont write any more...
.... today.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

I believe the CX30 is a 'jackedup' 2019 Mazda 3

Just traded in a 2017 CX3 GT Sport for the new 3

I now have
Cylinder deactivation
24v mild hybrid
Golf/A Class Merc quality inside
Voice recognition that works
MZD/sat nav that loads up quickly
Driver attention alert
Proper heads up in the screen
Lane departure warning and lane keep assist
Adaptive radar cruise
rear cross traffic alert
front brake assist
blind spot monitor
Adaptive LEDs
may have missed something and yes I know some of this comes as part of a pack on the CX3.and the cx30 is some £1500 more than the 3

Im a very happy bunny, especially considering the way the money stacked up. Don Corleone etc
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey