mazda CX30

The place to discuss everything else..
steve67

Post by steve67 »

lets see what happens when it arrives and is seen in the flesh.
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

The CX-30 looks beautiful and appears to be well adorned with plush interior and many extras included in the price. I'm sure many people will love it and buy it. Will I? I think that is highly unlikely. I would have preferred a CX-2. Something even a tad smaller than the CX-3 would suit me better. Anyway the manufacturers decide what we should like and we have to choose what suits us best from all their products. The CX-3 suited me the last two times, but if that isn't available I will have to find something else that suits me. We can never have what we really want, we have to find the nearest product and compromise. I guess that's life!
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

Compared to CX3 its slower, and more granny-like
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
Habu

Post by Habu »

santa wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:25 pm
CX3fan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:20 am
santa wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:34 am

Even though the current CX-3 is improved compared to the original from 2015/16 it's still way behind the CX-30.
That’s a confident assertion - where did you see, touch and drive the CX30 to determine that?

Or is it supposition, based on internet ”fact” and pretty pictures?
I was at the Danish VIP premiere on 11th September, so I tested it that day - a Skyactiv-G 122hp automatic in Cosmo (top spec).
I sat in both the 122 Sky-G and the diesel, unfortuntately the Sky-X wasn't availiable at that time and I haven't had a chance to try that one out yet.
So I have first hand experience ;)
What did you think to the petrol 122 G auto on the road? Did it feel sluggish?
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.
santa

Post by santa »

Habu wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:26 pm
CX3fan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:20 am

That’s a confident assertion - where did you see, touch and drive the CX30 to determine that?

Or is it supposition, based on internet ”fact” and pretty pictures?
I was at the Danish VIP premiere on 11th September, so I tested it that day - a Skyactiv-G 122hp automatic in Cosmo (top spec).
I sat in both the 122 Sky-G and the diesel, unfortuntately the Sky-X wasn't availiable at that time and I haven't had a chance to try that one out yet.
It's not as fast and as nimble as the CX-3 (comparing to my own 120hp CX-3), so you could say it's a little sluggish but it's not that bad, it's still a great drive.
I also think the auto transmission is tuned a bit differently, maybe for a slightly more laid back ride.
I haven't tried the Sky-X but if it's anything like the reviews says, I'd go for that one over the 122 Sky-G.
I'm not sure about the price in the UK but here in Denmark it's not that much more and we get the advanced LED headlights (ALH) with the Sky-X (and some tinted windows), so for slightly more money you get more power, better fuel economy and better headlights.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

santa wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:30 am

It's not as fast and as nimble as the CX-3 (comparing to my own 120hp CX-3), so you could say it's a little sluggish but it's not that bad, it's still a great drive.
I also think the auto transmission is tuned a bit differently, maybe for a slightly more laid back ride.
I haven't tried the Sky-X but if it's anything like the reviews says, I'd go for that one over the 122 Sky-G.
I'm not sure about the price in the UK but here in Denmark it's not that much more and we get the advanced LED headlights (ALH) with the Sky-X (and some tinted windows), so for slightly more money you get more power, better fuel economy and better headlights.

in the uk we get a sunroof with the X engine, so we can make the most of that 1 day its sunny a warm.. :)
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
santa

Post by santa »

steve67 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:51 am
santa wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:30 am

in the uk we get a sunroof with the X engine, so we can make the most of that 1 day its sunny a warm.. :)
That's nice....I guess :lol: :lol: :lol:
It would be the same here, maybe that's why they're not offering a sunroof.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
switchback

Post by switchback »

If the CX-30 has a bit bigger boot then I'll probably get one next time around but with the more powerful engine. The CX3 is just right for my needs except for the boot capacity. I looked at the CX5 but the car was far too big for my needs. It they'd done the CX-30 when I got my CX3 then I would have had one then.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

switchback wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:52 pm If the CX-30 has a bit bigger boot then I'll probably get one next time around but with the more powerful engine. The CX3 is just right for my needs except for the boot capacity. I looked at the CX5 but the car was far too big for my needs. It they'd done the CX-30 when I got my CX3 then I would have had one then.

Here are the comparison size figures for the CX-30 and CX-3 :-

Mazda CX-30
Length 4,395mm
Width 1,795mm
Height 1,540mm
Wheelbase 2,655mm
Luggage space (seats up) 430litres

Mazda CX-3
Length 4,275mm
Width 1,765mm
Height 1,535mm
Wheelbase 2,570mm
Luggage space (seats up) 350 litres
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Well thats the CX3 gone,
Here's me sigining off, its been a pleasure...
here is the replacement,
right im off, ive driven the car home and had a drive to our favourite resturant, so that me done, the mrs drives the majority of the time, i'm off on my road bike... :lol:

IMG_20200125_152437.jpg