I wish it had..

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

Anyone else have a hankering or wish for what seems a basic requirement as in full width sunvisors (Mercedes)

I am not going to get into how many cars I have owned let alone how many I have driven.. but one of the things that gets me is hankering after often minor extras that would be so nice to have..

The one for the wife was the well thought out purse hook in the passenger dash that she had in her Almera – commonly known as the “Curry Hook” – essential taxi driver and everyone else method of getting a takeaway home without it going all over the place.

I have done much head scratching and lateral thinking to find an answer including brackets for sunvisors.. (any one want a sun visor bracket) for what seems an age .. the answer arrived in the post and with a light bit of dismantling – I now have a “Curry Hook” bolted in place – better get one ordered ..

curry hook.jpg

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Never wished for either of those, but there are a few things that would make driving/owning even more enjoyable.
Heated windscreen.
Indicator showing which gear I'm in.
Eco mode for auto box.
Sensor opening tailgate.
Sunshine Roof.
Extra 20+HP.

I guess we all have a wish list for a few extra things.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Deleted User 1096

Height adjustable passenger seat..
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Properly designed centre arm rests built into the front seats. The after market arm rest looks like an afterthought.
Automatic activation of the rear screen wiper when engaging reverse with the front wipers on. Even my 1998 Rover 400 had that!
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

Window seals that actualy clear water from the windows when you drop them would be nice......
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

Gadgetman wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:13 am Window seals that actualy clear water from the windows when you drop them would be nice......
Totally agtee, a bad design for otherwise a great car.
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE
Deleted User 1096

Gadgetman wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:13 am Window seals that actually clear water from the windows when you drop them would be nice......
..mine do.. so no complaints there..
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Paul97 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:48 am
Gadgetman wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:13 am Window seals that actualy clear water from the windows when you drop them would be nice......
Totally agtee, a bad design for otherwise a great car.
Yes, agree here as well, was a bit of a shock to find they actually didn't do what every other car I've ever driven does!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Witfit wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:40 am
Gadgetman wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:13 am Window seals that actually clear water from the windows when you drop them would be nice......
..mine do.. so no complaints there..
Hmm...Strange, wonder what's different here then?? :?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

Dashboard buttons that aren't completely hidden from view by the steering wheel.

Demist system that doesn't take an entire winter season to clear the glass.