Will my mobility scooter fit in the boot?

The place to discuss everything else..
Green55

Post by Green55 »

Hi, thinking about getting a CX-3 as my next motability car. I'm just wondering how much boot space these things have as I have a pride mobility scooter and I'm unsure whether it will fit.

many thanks.

Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

I would suggest the only way to be sure if to visit a Mazda deal who has a CX3 in stock and try.

It is not just the boot aperature but the height of the boot opening and the depth you need to reach over the bumper into the boot
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

I would think the boot is too high on a CX3...i would suggest something like a Peugeot Partner or similar that would make it easier to get your scooter in and out.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

My wife has a mobility scooter and there is no way you will get it in the back even if you could lift it.
As MJC says you need a purpose designed car for a mobility scooter. The other alternative is to buy a small fold up scooter just for that purpose.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
switchback

Post by switchback »

CX3 boot is tiny..............You might get a pair of roller skates in though ;) .
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

I very much doubt you will get your mobility scooter in the boot - even with the rear seats down! As mentioned the boot is tiny, tiny, tiny.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

If your heart is set on a CX-3 you could always get one of these..

Exterior-Lifts-for-Vehicles-01-1030x541.jpg

pridelift-1.jpg

Green55

Post by Green55 »

Hi all, so as I've said before I'm thinking of getting a CX3 as my next motability car. I think I'll get a new mobility scooter too. I'm searching for discount mobility scooters that will fit in the boot but I'm not sure which one to go for. Obviosuly it needs to be portable.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

[Topics merged as same subject & advertising links removed]
Have a word with the person/s that deal with Motability at your local Mazda dealer, I'm sure they will have dealt with this type of question for other customers in the past.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
ROBIEW

Post by ROBIEW »

Hi,
I have a 2019 cx3 satnav sport ,
I have a Shoprider Paris traveller for my wife .
It can be dimanteled in 5 mins and fits in the boot with the 60% seat folded down,and allows the 40% seat available,and so gives 3 seats.

Hope this is of help
Regards
Robiew