Finally............

The place to discuss everything else..
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

rockposer wrote:No she hasn't as it's a UK spec car and of course in Mazda's 'wisdom' those buttons aren't there. However she claims it auto locks when she drives off. Wonder if it was enabled in software somehow
Again it should be easy to check as the lock buttons by the door handles would have to move otherwise she'd have no way to unlock it.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)

Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

As I said there are no lock buttons but she still says her's auto locks. Hence my thought as to it being a software fix for a demo car
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

rockposer wrote:As I said there are no lock buttons but she still says her's auto locks. Hence my thought as to it being a software fix for a demo car
You mean there are no lock buttons/switches beside the door handles or amongst the window switches? How does she unlock it then without opening the door?
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

I mean there isn't the additional button you find on the colonial model.

I am mealy reporting what she said to me, that is all.
MWelsh

Post by MWelsh »

I got a CX3 2.0 petrol Sport Nav. Really love it but I cannot find any option to lock the doors automatically when you drive off. With all the Tech in this car I'd expect this..
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

MWelsh wrote:I got a CX3 2.0 petrol Sport Nav. Really love it but I cannot find any option to lock the doors automatically when you drive off. With all the Tech in this car I'd expect this..
Sadly, you can't have everything MWelsh.

The doors on our Mini Cooper S (part-exchanged for the CX-3) locked themselves automatically as you drove off. You could also hold 'unlock' on the key fob as you approached the car and all the windows would open. Great. BUT . . . . For a 1.6 with a supercharger, annual road tax was twice as much than our lovely CX-3, the Mini's harsh ride meant the dashboard came away from it's housing twice and the central 'V' bracket holding the exhaust sheared off due to metal fatigue, the rear hatch went rusty after 4 years, the rear seats were only suitable for elves, the . . . . well I could go on and on about the Mini's poor build quality, crap audio system, the amount of oil it used, etc.

So maybe, we should all be grateful for all the things the CX-3 offers. We're delighted with ours* - and there's still only a scarce few of them on the road to make those Mocka and Juke drivers jealous.

*faulty rear shocks recently replaced under warranty. No quibbles.
*front and rear plastic bumpers are definitely a darker shade of soul red to the rest of the bodywork. But hey ho!
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

GeeJam wrote:
MWelsh wrote:I got a CX3 2.0 petrol Sport Nav. Really love it but I cannot find any option to lock the doors automatically when you drive off. With all the Tech in this car I'd expect this..
Sadly, you can't have everything MWelsh.

The doors on our Mini Cooper S (part-exchanged for the CX-3) locked themselves automatically as you drove off. You could also hold 'unlock' on the key fob as you approached the car and all the windows would open. Great. BUT . . . . For a 1.6 with a supercharger, annual road tax was twice as much than our lovely CX-3, the Mini's harsh ride meant the dashboard came away from it's housing twice and the central 'V' bracket holding the exhaust sheared off due to metal fatigue, the rear hatch went rusty after 4 years, the rear seats were only suitable for elves, the . . . . well I could go on and on about the Mini's poor build quality, crap audio system, the amount of oil it used, etc.

So maybe, we should all be grateful for all the things the CX-3 offers. We're delighted with ours* - and there's still only a scarce few of them on the road to make those Mocka and Juke drivers jealous.

*faulty rear shocks recently replaced under warranty. No quibbles.
*front and rear plastic bumpers are definitely a darker shade of soul red to the rest of the bodywork. But hey ho!
Interesting account of the Mini - I never did like them.

The same paint applied to plastic and metal rarely looks the same but in fact, the bumpers aren't painted on the line with the car and not even with the same makers paint. My CX-5 is the same and so we're all my Toyotas.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Interestingly, I see that the first 2002 to 2003 Mini's (with superchargers) are now being hailed as potential classics. Very quick, brilliant fun to drive, yet they fell apart big time. Why are they saying it's a potential classic? We owned one and traded it in for our lovely CX-3. No regrets.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.