What if there was no CX-3 - 2nd Choice?

The place to discuss everything else..
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

zoylander wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:41 pm
RX-3 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:12 pm
zoylander wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:37 pm That left the CX-3. A good car but far from perfect. With a quieter and more forgiving ride it could be so much better.
One of the true assets of the CX-3 is its ride/handling IMO for a compact SUV (16" alloys here), road noise is a Mazda issue but well known and never a deal breaker, I've driven worse 'luxury' Euros.
That may be true on Australian roads, but on our potholed and corrugated third world UK surfaces the ride is too firm, and if road noise is a known Mazda issue it is high time they did something about it. My 1970 Rover P5B Coupe may not handle as sharply as a CX-3, but it could teach Mazda a lot about soundproofing.
That's the problem with living in Somerset :lol: To be honest I really like the firm ride and don't notice any noise issues unless I'm on and old style road surface. I think all the new road surfaces are being replaced with a quieter compound as the roads are being repaired.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Sorry I went off topic in that last post. I didn't really have a second choice. I have the MX5 which is my summer car and I had an Alfa 156 2.4 JTD which was getting a bit old. After having four Alfas I thought it time for a change. The last three were diesel and although the performance was outstanding I was getting fed up with the noise and the smell of a diesel engine. As I love the MX5 so much it seemed a natural choice to try a Mazda.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

As me and the misses have just had a full re-vamp of our motors, besides the CX-3 (still awaiting delivery) we have bought a new Mini Countryman and love it.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Handy Andy wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:49 pm As me and the misses have just had a full re-vamp of our motors, besides the CX-3 (still awaiting delivery) we have bought a new Mini Countryman and love it.
We bought one of the first new BMW "Mini's" off the production line in Feb 2003. A brand new Mini Cooper S. It went like Sh-of-a-shovel. Kept it for over 10 years. Not got it anymore - so be interested to know how they've improved the Mini. (But so love our CX-3. Definitely one of the best cars we've ever had. Quite brilliant.)*

*Q. Why should you be actually blogging when you should be out there enjoying the CX-3?

*A. Had one too many Sauv Blancs.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

2 years ago when I bought the car there was not a great deal of direct competition, however the market has changed and there is a greater choice of medium sized SUV's. Given the number of issues I've had I'm tempted to trade it in for an Audi Q2, albeit more expensive.
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

GeeJam wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:28 pm
Handy Andy wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:49 pm As me and the misses have just had a full re-vamp of our motors, besides the CX-3 (still awaiting delivery) we have bought a new Mini Countryman and love it.
We bought one of the first new BMW "Mini's" off the production line in Feb 2003. A brand new Mini Cooper S. It went like Sh-of-a-shovel. Kept it for over 10 years. Not got it anymore - so be interested to know how they've improved the Mini. (But so love our CX-3. Definitely one of the best cars we've ever had. Quite brilliant.)*

*Q. Why should you be actually blogging when you should be out there enjoying the CX-3?

*A. Had one too many Sauv Blancs.
The Mini seems very well screwed together. Being the Countryman is is also the biggest, heaviest and longset so rides well. I am hoping the CX-3 will be as good as the Premacy I had a decade and a half ago.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

IWRA wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:58 pm 2 years ago when I bought the car there was not a great deal of direct competition, however the market has changed and there is a greater choice of medium sized SUV's. Given the number of issues I've had I'm tempted to trade it in for an Audi Q2, albeit more expensive.
You bet it’s more expensive, hot to be £10k if you spec it up to a Sport Nav equivalent
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

IWRA wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:58 pm 2 years ago when I bought the car there was not a great deal of direct competition, however the market has changed and there is a greater choice of medium sized SUV's. Given the number of issues I've had I'm tempted to trade it in for an Audi Q2, albeit more expensive.
Clearly you have been lucky to not experience the typical Audi level of customer service.......
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

I can't fault the level of customer service I've had from the Mazda garage I use, it's just a great pity I've had to use them as much as I have and it's a 35 mile round trip every time I do. The car has cost me nothing in repairs in 2 years as its all been covered under warranty or recall and they lend me a car each time. It's been in the garage for the last 2 weeks waiting on replacement injectors from Mazda.
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather