What if there was no CX-3 - 2nd Choice?

The place to discuss everything else..
Caged

Post by Caged »

Ours would have been the Juke but side by side the CX-3 wins hands-down, even though it is more expensive.

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Probably a CRV but I didn't want to spend so much and I didn't want anything bigger than the RAV. The HRV dropped off the list when they announced no AWD for the UK.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Silver19

Post by Silver19 »

For a me Qashqai if they had the option of 4WD and automatic and choice of interior colour like the do in the rest of Europe but not in the UK but they don't so Mazda got my order. I have had two Qashqai's on launch a 2007 and 2010 face-lifted model. I might have considered a HRV if Honda had brought over the hybrid automatic 4WD model they offer in Japan.
CX-3 | AWD |Sport Nav | Auto | Diesel | Crystal White | Half Stone Leather
igloo_si

Post by igloo_si »

tested: juke, new vitara, honda hrv, looked at fiat 500x, s4x s-cross: 2nd choice was hrv. quashqai and crv are next class up
Petrol Ceramic White SE-L 03/16 CX3
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

I actually set out to buy the Honda HRV, as my dealer had a promotion at "cost + £100". But that turned out not to be the deal (it was stock only), plus it was c6 month wait for the spec I wanted.

So I popped in to my local Mazda dealer on the way home and he had one to my spec being delivered the next day. Like for like to the HRV, it was £6k cheaper - only difference is the CX doesn't have a glass roof option.
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

HRV was our first choice, but not available for months
In hindsight our CX 3 is the best choice
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

My brief was a 2WD petrol automatic crossover.
HR-V dismissed as no spare wheel option, not even a space saver, and doubts about the CVT automatic.
Vitara dismissed as the automatic was only available in the expensive top spec version, loaded with extra kit which I did not want or need. Who needs a panoramic sunroof which reduces the headroom when the car has air conditioning, and as for lane departure warning just keep your eyes on the road!
Nothing with a small turbo/supercharged engine was even considered.
That left the CX-3. A good car but far from perfect. With a quieter and more forgiving ride it could be so much better.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
RX-3

Post by RX-3 »

Caged wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:49 am Ours would have been the Juke but side by side the CX-3 wins hands-down, even though it is more expensive.
Juke is more expensive here like for like manual, CX-3 all the way.
2017 CX-3 Maxx 2.0L 6sp Man FWD - Deep Crystal Blue Mica
RX-3

Post by RX-3 »

zoylander wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:37 pm That left the CX-3. A good car but far from perfect. With a quieter and more forgiving ride it could be so much better.
One of the true assets of the CX-3 is its ride/handling IMO for a compact SUV (16" alloys here), road noise is a Mazda issue but well known and never a deal breaker, I've driven worse 'luxury' Euros.
2017 CX-3 Maxx 2.0L 6sp Man FWD - Deep Crystal Blue Mica
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

RX-3 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:12 pm
zoylander wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:37 pm That left the CX-3. A good car but far from perfect. With a quieter and more forgiving ride it could be so much better.
One of the true assets of the CX-3 is its ride/handling IMO for a compact SUV (16" alloys here), road noise is a Mazda issue but well known and never a deal breaker, I've driven worse 'luxury' Euros.
That may be true on Australian roads, but on our potholed and corrugated third world UK surfaces the ride is too firm, and if road noise is a known Mazda issue it is high time they did something about it. My 1970 Rover P5B Coupe may not handle as sharply as a CX-3, but it could teach Mazda a lot about soundproofing.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.