The place to discuss everything else..
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Wow!

Looks fabulous....but is much more expensive than the CX3

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/c-hr/ ... 7Qod3bcGzg#

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Putting aside the looks and price, the CVT instead of a torque convertor automatic would be enough to turn me off completely :-

"The C-HR’s regular configuration will be a 1.2-litre, 114bhp turbocharged petrol unit, with front-wheel drive and either a six-speed manual gearbox or a CVT transmission. You’ll be able to buy a four-wheel-drive version with the same engine and a CVT, but there’s no diesel; instead we’ll be offered a hybrid set-up, mixing a 1.8-litre petrol engine with an electric motor for CO2 emissions of less than 90g/km."
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
santa

Post by santa »

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, because I think it looks quite hideous.
Compared to the CX-3 it's also too pricey and I prefer a torque converter transmision or a dual-clutch transmission over the CVT.
And I'm quite happy to have moved from a smaller turbocharged engine (a 1.4 turbo) to a non-turbo bigger engine in the CX-3.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Now that's an ugly car. Thought the Juke was awful but that trumps it
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

It does look like a Juke on steroids :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I like Toyotas but I can't get my head around that. I'll wait until I see one in the flesh before I completely condemn it!
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

Looks like a member of the cast of 'Starlight Express', remember that!? I like the idea of a hybrid but this looks over designed to me, I don't see the beauty in it. If I was to go hybrid I'd be looking at the KIA Niro, not a great looker but less offensive to some, maybe!
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

I recently took a C-HR hybrid out for a test drive and whilst its look will split opinions, I really like it. But to my mind it's a great example of style over substance. It felt somewhat heavy and ponderous with an underwhelming drive train which did not smoothly switch between modes (electric v petrol). This was especially highlighted in traffic, where you want the hybrid to dominate, but any small movements of the accelerator pedal kicked the engine back into life. Visibility was also questionable, especially out the rear. With no standout points and a high price tag around £30k it was a no from me.
Sport Nav 2.0 Auto Petrol 2WD. Deep Crystal Blue Mica with Half Stone Leather Interior.